Blue roundup: Cougars release 2012 football schedule, announce new scoreboards
Deseret News Archives
Monday was a busy day for BYU's athletic department.
Athletic director Tom Holmoe unveiled the 2012 football schedule Monday night, which includes games against Washington State, Utah, Boise State, Georgia Tech and Notre Dame.
The Cougars also announced that LaVell Edwards Stadium will be receiving new scoreboards for next season.
Former BYU basketball player and KSL color analyst Mark Durrant explains why basketball coach Dave Rose has been so successful at BYU.
"Coach Rose puts an exciting, fast-paced, offensive-minded team on the floor," Durrant writes. "BYU is always near the top of the country in points per game. This approach makes the game more entertaining to watch for fans and more fun to play in for players. A fast-paced offensive style requires a relinquishment of a certain amount of control as well as great trust in your players to make correct decisions."
Former BYU women's basketball star Erin Thorn has signed with the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA.
Current BYU women's star Jennifer Hamson has received a national honor.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21