Blue roundup: Cougars release 2012 football schedule, announce new scoreboards
Deseret News Archives
Monday was a busy day for BYU's athletic department.
Athletic director Tom Holmoe unveiled the 2012 football schedule Monday night, which includes games against Washington State, Utah, Boise State, Georgia Tech and Notre Dame.
The Cougars also announced that LaVell Edwards Stadium will be receiving new scoreboards for next season.
Former BYU basketball player and KSL color analyst Mark Durrant explains why basketball coach Dave Rose has been so successful at BYU.
"Coach Rose puts an exciting, fast-paced, offensive-minded team on the floor," Durrant writes. "BYU is always near the top of the country in points per game. This approach makes the game more entertaining to watch for fans and more fun to play in for players. A fast-paced offensive style requires a relinquishment of a certain amount of control as well as great trust in your players to make correct decisions."
Former BYU women's basketball star Erin Thorn has signed with the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA.
Current BYU women's star Jennifer Hamson has received a national honor.
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 34
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23