Blue roundup: Cougars release 2012 football schedule, announce new scoreboards
Deseret News Archives
Monday was a busy day for BYU's athletic department.
Athletic director Tom Holmoe unveiled the 2012 football schedule Monday night, which includes games against Washington State, Utah, Boise State, Georgia Tech and Notre Dame.
The Cougars also announced that LaVell Edwards Stadium will be receiving new scoreboards for next season.
Former BYU basketball player and KSL color analyst Mark Durrant explains why basketball coach Dave Rose has been so successful at BYU.
"Coach Rose puts an exciting, fast-paced, offensive-minded team on the floor," Durrant writes. "BYU is always near the top of the country in points per game. This approach makes the game more entertaining to watch for fans and more fun to play in for players. A fast-paced offensive style requires a relinquishment of a certain amount of control as well as great trust in your players to make correct decisions."
Former BYU women's basketball star Erin Thorn has signed with the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA.
Current BYU women's star Jennifer Hamson has received a national honor.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest rivalry...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39