Best preseason victory: A 55-36 win against North Sevier on Dec. 1.
Best region victory: A 46-39 win against Beaver on Jan. 24.
Keri Brunson, Sr., Guard (12.7 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.4 spg)
Cheryl Stephenson, So., Forward (9.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.3 spg)
Kaela Brunson, Jr., Forward (6.9 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.4 spg)
Jaisha Wilcox, Sr., Center (6.1 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.4 spg)
Denise Crabb, So., Guard (3.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.7 apg, 0.7 spg)
Scoring offense: 44.5 ppg (9th In 2A)
Scoring defense: 46.3 ppg (16th In 2A)
Last state championship: None
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Loss to Richfield in first round.
North Sevier Wolves (16-5)
Coach: Lexa Larsen
How qualified: Finished first in Region 16 with an 8-0 record
Playoff opener: vs. Maeser Prep, Friday, 5 p.m. (At Snow College)
Best preseason victory: A 42-40 win at South Summit on Jan. 7.
Best region victory: A 48-42 win against Gunnison on Feb. 2.
Kelsey Barney, Sr., Guard (11.6 ppg)
Morgan Okerlund, Sr., Guard (8.9 ppg)
Bailey Sorenson, Sr., Forward (5.3 ppg)
Devyn Sorensen, So., Forward (5.0 ppg)
Shaylie Mason, Sr., Guard (4.4 ppg)
Scoring offense: 47.2 ppg (4th In 2A)
Scoring defense: 38.8 ppg (7th In 2A)
Last state championship: 2006
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Richfield in championship game.
North Summit Braves (15-6)
Coach: Ross Pace
How qualified: Finished second in Region 14 with a 6-2 record
Playoff opener: vs. American Leadership, Friday, 1:30 p.m. (At Snow College)
Best preseason victory: A 46-43 win at American Leadership on Jan. 10.
Best region victory: A 55-27 win at Waterford on Jan. 19.
Kasidee Evans (8.7 ppg)
McKell Richins (7.9 ppg)
Erica Richins (7.1 ppg)
Samantha Nicholes (7.1 ppg)
Susie Stephens (5.9 ppg)
Scoring offense: 47.0 ppg (5th In 2A)
Scoring defense: 35.2 ppg (2nd In 2A)
Last state championship: 1986 (1A)
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Richfield in quarterfinals.
Richfield Wildcats (19-1)
Coach: Marc Peterson
- Morning links: Taysom Hill profiled by ESPN;...
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has...
- Flaming spears, furry mascots and drum lines:...
- Which returned missionaries will make the...
- Cougars respect Nebraska, but say they...
- Dick Harmon: College predictions: Utes to...
- Live blog: Utah opens year with victory over...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 77
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 69
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 40
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 30
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 29
- Morning links: Will Michigan beat Utah?... 26