Gay Lynn "Lynn" Prescott Bender, our beloved mother, daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, died from injuries sustained in an auto accident sustained February 2, 1990.
Born June 15, 1950, Salt Lake City, Utah, to Pharon J. Prescott and Vesta LaRee Granger Prescott. Married Alan McCuaig, in 1972; later divorced. Married Dave A. Bender; later divorced. Member LDS Church. Avid reader, golfer and bowler. Enjoyed being around people. Loved her children greatly. She will be missed tremendously by many. Was manager and co/owner of the Olympic Club. And previously manager of P.J.'s for six years. Graduated from Granite High School in 1968. Later put herself through data processing at Steven Henigers Business College, graduating top in her class. She was preceded in death by her father, Pharon J. Prescott.Survived by her very close and special friend, Dan Ray Platts; two sons, Jeremy Alan McCuaig, Leonard Alan Bender, both Salt Lake City; mother, Vesta LaRee Prescott Anthony, and step father, Robert E. Anthony; brothers and sisters, Teri Lee Prescott, Mrs. Larry (Vicki LaRee P.) Collard, Pharon Shane and wife, Sharon Prescott, all of Salt Lake City; grandparents, Nell L. Granger, Walter Granger, Salt Lake City; nieces and nephews, Nichole LaRee Hixson, Richard John Prescott, Cody Craig Collard, Anthony Shane Prescott, Shanna Marie Prescott, Crystal River Prescott.
"She was a great mom" says Lenny and Jeremy.
Funeral services will be held Monday, 11 a.m. Memorial Estates Mortuary, 5850 South 900 East, where friends may call Sunday 6-8 p.m. and Monday one hour prior to services. In lieu of flowers donations for college funds for the children can be sent to Vesta Anthony, 2635 South 500 East, SLC Ut 84106. A special gathering of family friends and loved ones at the Olympic Club, 1193 East Wilmington Ave. immediatly following burial services at Francis Cemetery, Summit County.
T 2/3 N3 2/3
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8