When a lawyer in New York was working on a complicated merger and acquisition similar to one recently completed by his firm's Hong Kong office, he grabbed a copy of that contract to use as a pattern for his deal.
He didn't have to leave the room to do it. And though it's unlikely he thought of Brad Pelo at the time, there's no question the Utah entrepreneur's vision made it possible.
Pelo founded Lehi-based NextPage Inc. in 1999 with a vision of allowing companies to network their employees, customers, suppliers and partners in real time. Using the company's product, users have integrated access to data from the Internet, intranets, extranets, databases and other sources through a Web browser. And they have security, as well. The company can determine who will be allowed to access each piece or type of information.
It's called peer-to-peer technology, and Pelo is a pioneer in the field.
He got the idea when he was a senior director at LEXIS-NEXIS. He was still considering it when he bought and later sold Bookcraft, a publishing company.
NextPage's award-winning NXT 3 software platform was the first product to allow the peer-to-peer content networking for businesses.
Technology changes, and Pelo's had his eye on the future. Recently, NextPage acquired netLens, a Silicon Valley-based company that will play a vital role in the development of a next-generation platform for peer-to-peer content networking.
That platform will give workers, partners and others access to the information they need to do their jobs on a variety of devices, including cell phones and handheld computers.
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- Balloon crew surpasses distance record in...
- How can Google snap its stock out of its stupor?
- Failed resort embittered friends, Marc Jenson...
- US economy slows to 2.6 percent growth in...
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80... 16
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline 7
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- US economy slows to 2.6 percent growth... 4
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3