When a lawyer in New York was working on a complicated merger and acquisition similar to one recently completed by his firm's Hong Kong office, he grabbed a copy of that contract to use as a pattern for his deal.
He didn't have to leave the room to do it. And though it's unlikely he thought of Brad Pelo at the time, there's no question the Utah entrepreneur's vision made it possible.
Pelo founded Lehi-based NextPage Inc. in 1999 with a vision of allowing companies to network their employees, customers, suppliers and partners in real time. Using the company's product, users have integrated access to data from the Internet, intranets, extranets, databases and other sources through a Web browser. And they have security, as well. The company can determine who will be allowed to access each piece or type of information.
It's called peer-to-peer technology, and Pelo is a pioneer in the field.
He got the idea when he was a senior director at LEXIS-NEXIS. He was still considering it when he bought and later sold Bookcraft, a publishing company.
NextPage's award-winning NXT 3 software platform was the first product to allow the peer-to-peer content networking for businesses.
Technology changes, and Pelo's had his eye on the future. Recently, NextPage acquired netLens, a Silicon Valley-based company that will play a vital role in the development of a next-generation platform for peer-to-peer content networking.
That platform will give workers, partners and others access to the information they need to do their jobs on a variety of devices, including cell phones and handheld computers.
- First US cruise in decades set to arrive in...
- Mystery solved? Australian says he's Bitcoin...
- Advocates: High court signals it won't stop...
- Corporate earnings keep falling, but there...
- Wal-Mart brings back greeters at the store door
- What millennials need to do to retire...
- The U.S. hands over $5.28 billion a year to...
- Kaysville CPA charged with tax evasion
- Utah agrees not enforce obscenity law... 13
- What millennials need to do to retire... 10
- Additional concourse boosts airport... 10
- Advocates: High court signals it won't... 7
- The U.S. hands over $5.28 billion a... 7
- Orem real estate manager indicted in... 5
- Salt Lake leaders celebrate 10 years of... 2
- Community members voice concern over... 2