Ed "Big Daddy" Roth
MANTI- Creator of "Rat Fink" and the Gang. Inventor of Little Jewel, his first car, in 1958, and a series of many other cars, right down to Stealth 2000, in-troduced in 1999: passed away April 4, 2001, at the age of 69, while doing what he loved most, working at his shop with the "Rat Fink".
Ed was born March 4, 1932, in Beverly Hills, CA, to Henry and Marie Bauer Roth. He started his Hot Rod Days and Car Customizing at the age of 12. Married Sally Roth, later divorced. Honorably dischar-ged from the Air Force in 1955. Married Beverly Roth, later divorced. Converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where he was actively involved with genealogy research, supported the Scouting program, and loved his participation in the Mormon Miracle Pageant. Married for eternity to Ilene Brothersen February 28, 1998, in the Manti LDS Temple. She was the love of his life and brought much joy to him his last three years.
He is survived by his wife and children; Rusty Clint (Shelly) Braithwaite, Tammy (Alan) Rogers, Cody Rick Braithwaite, a missionary in Monterrey Mexico, Wyatt Wilford Frischknecht; grandchildren, Jacquel Rustie, Kobe Braydon, Tage Warren, and Cheyenne all of Manti, UT; sons; Howard, Dennis, Charlie, George, Darryl; brother; Gordon (Jeannie) Roth, ten grandchildren, several nieces and nephews, all of CA.
Services will be held Monday, April 9, 2001, 1 p.m., at the Manti LDS Stake Center, 300 South Main, Manti, UT, where friends may call Sunday,
6-8 p.m. and Monday 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. prior to services. Interment Manti City Cemetery.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11