Ed "Big Daddy" Roth
MANTI- Creator of "Rat Fink" and the Gang. Inventor of Little Jewel, his first car, in 1958, and a series of many other cars, right down to Stealth 2000, in-troduced in 1999: passed away April 4, 2001, at the age of 69, while doing what he loved most, working at his shop with the "Rat Fink".
Ed was born March 4, 1932, in Beverly Hills, CA, to Henry and Marie Bauer Roth. He started his Hot Rod Days and Car Customizing at the age of 12. Married Sally Roth, later divorced. Honorably dischar-ged from the Air Force in 1955. Married Beverly Roth, later divorced. Converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where he was actively involved with genealogy research, supported the Scouting program, and loved his participation in the Mormon Miracle Pageant. Married for eternity to Ilene Brothersen February 28, 1998, in the Manti LDS Temple. She was the love of his life and brought much joy to him his last three years.
He is survived by his wife and children; Rusty Clint (Shelly) Braithwaite, Tammy (Alan) Rogers, Cody Rick Braithwaite, a missionary in Monterrey Mexico, Wyatt Wilford Frischknecht; grandchildren, Jacquel Rustie, Kobe Braydon, Tage Warren, and Cheyenne all of Manti, UT; sons; Howard, Dennis, Charlie, George, Darryl; brother; Gordon (Jeannie) Roth, ten grandchildren, several nieces and nephews, all of CA.
Services will be held Monday, April 9, 2001, 1 p.m., at the Manti LDS Stake Center, 300 South Main, Manti, UT, where friends may call Sunday,
6-8 p.m. and Monday 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. prior to services. Interment Manti City Cemetery.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8