Ed "Big Daddy" Roth
MANTI- Creator of "Rat Fink" and the Gang. Inventor of Little Jewel, his first car, in 1958, and a series of many other cars, right down to Stealth 2000, in-troduced in 1999: passed away April 4, 2001, at the age of 69, while doing what he loved most, working at his shop with the "Rat Fink".
Ed was born March 4, 1932, in Beverly Hills, CA, to Henry and Marie Bauer Roth. He started his Hot Rod Days and Car Customizing at the age of 12. Married Sally Roth, later divorced. Honorably dischar-ged from the Air Force in 1955. Married Beverly Roth, later divorced. Converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where he was actively involved with genealogy research, supported the Scouting program, and loved his participation in the Mormon Miracle Pageant. Married for eternity to Ilene Brothersen February 28, 1998, in the Manti LDS Temple. She was the love of his life and brought much joy to him his last three years.
He is survived by his wife and children; Rusty Clint (Shelly) Braithwaite, Tammy (Alan) Rogers, Cody Rick Braithwaite, a missionary in Monterrey Mexico, Wyatt Wilford Frischknecht; grandchildren, Jacquel Rustie, Kobe Braydon, Tage Warren, and Cheyenne all of Manti, UT; sons; Howard, Dennis, Charlie, George, Darryl; brother; Gordon (Jeannie) Roth, ten grandchildren, several nieces and nephews, all of CA.
Services will be held Monday, April 9, 2001, 1 p.m., at the Manti LDS Stake Center, 300 South Main, Manti, UT, where friends may call Sunday,
6-8 p.m. and Monday 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. prior to services. Interment Manti City Cemetery.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9