Val, how wonderful it would be to see you walking again! What a blessing for you to be able to speak clearly again! We know there was a wonderful reunion in Heaven on the night of January 1, 2001, when Val left this earth and joined his father who died when Val was ten years old, and his mother who died when Val was nineteen!
Val Ray Johnson was born on
December 25, 1936, to LaVon Ray and Mary Myla Huggard Johnson.
He married Linda Peck, August 30, 1959 (later divorced). They had three children: Key (Cindy) Daley, Cori (Vernon) Cook, Heidi Daley; and seven grandchildren.
Val enlisted in the Navy during the Korean War and served on the USS SHANGRI-LA.
Val is survived by his three children and their families; brothers, Jerry (Cynthia) Johnson, Dee (Jackie) Johnson; sisters, Donna (George) Price, Ronda (Rex) Snyder; and many nieces and nephews; aunts, Afton Huggard, Dorothy Huggard, Blanche Ovard, Rae Huggard; uncle, Glen James (Norma Jean) Huggard and many cousins.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Jan. 8, 2001, 12 noon at the Utah Veteran's Memorial Park Chapel, 17111 South Camp Williams Rd., Bluffdale ,Utah where friends may call Monday, 11-11:45 a.m. Funeral Directors: Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19