Val, how wonderful it would be to see you walking again! What a blessing for you to be able to speak clearly again! We know there was a wonderful reunion in Heaven on the night of January 1, 2001, when Val left this earth and joined his father who died when Val was ten years old, and his mother who died when Val was nineteen!
Val Ray Johnson was born on
December 25, 1936, to LaVon Ray and Mary Myla Huggard Johnson.
He married Linda Peck, August 30, 1959 (later divorced). They had three children: Key (Cindy) Daley, Cori (Vernon) Cook, Heidi Daley; and seven grandchildren.
Val enlisted in the Navy during the Korean War and served on the USS SHANGRI-LA.
Val is survived by his three children and their families; brothers, Jerry (Cynthia) Johnson, Dee (Jackie) Johnson; sisters, Donna (George) Price, Ronda (Rex) Snyder; and many nieces and nephews; aunts, Afton Huggard, Dorothy Huggard, Blanche Ovard, Rae Huggard; uncle, Glen James (Norma Jean) Huggard and many cousins.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Jan. 8, 2001, 12 noon at the Utah Veteran's Memorial Park Chapel, 17111 South Camp Williams Rd., Bluffdale ,Utah where friends may call Monday, 11-11:45 a.m. Funeral Directors: Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19