Val, how wonderful it would be to see you walking again! What a blessing for you to be able to speak clearly again! We know there was a wonderful reunion in Heaven on the night of January 1, 2001, when Val left this earth and joined his father who died when Val was ten years old, and his mother who died when Val was nineteen!
Val Ray Johnson was born on
December 25, 1936, to LaVon Ray and Mary Myla Huggard Johnson.
He married Linda Peck, August 30, 1959 (later divorced). They had three children: Key (Cindy) Daley, Cori (Vernon) Cook, Heidi Daley; and seven grandchildren.
Val enlisted in the Navy during the Korean War and served on the USS SHANGRI-LA.
Val is survived by his three children and their families; brothers, Jerry (Cynthia) Johnson, Dee (Jackie) Johnson; sisters, Donna (George) Price, Ronda (Rex) Snyder; and many nieces and nephews; aunts, Afton Huggard, Dorothy Huggard, Blanche Ovard, Rae Huggard; uncle, Glen James (Norma Jean) Huggard and many cousins.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Jan. 8, 2001, 12 noon at the Utah Veteran's Memorial Park Chapel, 17111 South Camp Williams Rd., Bluffdale ,Utah where friends may call Monday, 11-11:45 a.m. Funeral Directors: Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7