Val, how wonderful it would be to see you walking again! What a blessing for you to be able to speak clearly again! We know there was a wonderful reunion in Heaven on the night of January 1, 2001, when Val left this earth and joined his father who died when Val was ten years old, and his mother who died when Val was nineteen!
Val Ray Johnson was born on
December 25, 1936, to LaVon Ray and Mary Myla Huggard Johnson.
He married Linda Peck, August 30, 1959 (later divorced). They had three children: Key (Cindy) Daley, Cori (Vernon) Cook, Heidi Daley; and seven grandchildren.
Val enlisted in the Navy during the Korean War and served on the USS SHANGRI-LA.
Val is survived by his three children and their families; brothers, Jerry (Cynthia) Johnson, Dee (Jackie) Johnson; sisters, Donna (George) Price, Ronda (Rex) Snyder; and many nieces and nephews; aunts, Afton Huggard, Dorothy Huggard, Blanche Ovard, Rae Huggard; uncle, Glen James (Norma Jean) Huggard and many cousins.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Jan. 8, 2001, 12 noon at the Utah Veteran's Memorial Park Chapel, 17111 South Camp Williams Rd., Bluffdale ,Utah where friends may call Monday, 11-11:45 a.m. Funeral Directors: Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 16