JEROME, Idaho (AP) Jerome County Coroner Gerald Ostler has completed autopsies on the two sheriff's deputies and an Eden man killed in a Wednesday night shooting.
Ostler confirmed on Friday that autopsies had been performed on the bodies of all three men sheriff's corporals James Moulson, 30, and Phillip Anderson, 23, and suspect George Timothy Williams, 47.
But Ostler would not say how many bullet wounds any of the men had suffered, or where they had been wounded.
The coroner and other officials are waiting for written reports on the autopsy results before they discuss them in public. Ostler said the documents likely will be given to the Idaho State Police, which is heading the investigation into the shootings.
Moulson and Anderson were killed Wednesday evening when they and several other deputies attempted to serve a search warrant for narcotics at Williams' Eden home. The town of 300 residents is 10 miles east of Twin Falls.
Sheriff Jim Weaver other officers were backing up Moulson, a four-year department veteran and married father of a 9-month-old son, and Anderson, who was single and had been a deputy for two years. Both were wearing bulletproof vests, Weaver said.
The Rev. Robert Gomes, the sheriff's chaplain, said a grief support team was working with the department's officers and their families.
"We pull together because we're a family. We're a brotherhood," he said. "I expect every police officer within 500 miles will probably come to the funeral."
Wednesday's deaths were the first killings of on-duty law enforcement officers in Idaho since Idaho State Police trooper Linda Huff, 33, died on June 17, 1998, in a shootout in her agency's Coeur d'Alene parking lot.
Two other Jerome County deputies were slightly wounded in a September 1999 gunfight while responding to a domestic dispute.
- The LDS Church's call for balance between gay...
- Cumberbatch, Fry, others urge UK to pardon...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for...
- Romney's exit unleashes race for donors among...
- Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese...
- List: 10 Super Bowl ads you'll be talking about
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- US support for satirizing religion breaks...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 79
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 59
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 30
- Attorney General nominee picks up... 14
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11
- Keystone XL pipeline wins Senate vote... 10