Ross Taylor Christensen, 71, died January 12, 1990 at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
Born August 28, 1918, son of Henry Oswald and Nettie Lavina Taylor Christensen in Preston, Idaho. Married Ruth Richardson Morris June 20, 1947 in the Mesa LDS Temple. He was a professor emeritus of Archaeology and anthropology at BYU for 32 years, retiring in 1979. Member and officer of the Society of Early Historic Archaeology for 34 years. he was a gifted teacher and public speaker, he was a popular Education Week speaker. He completed his graduate work at the University of Arizona. He and his family lived in the Mediterranean area and studied the Phoenicians for three months. He served in the European Theatre in the Army; also as a chaplains assistant. He served an LDS Misson to Brizil, 1939-42. He was a counselor in the Bishopric in the Orem 15th Ward; officer in the first Genealogy Class in the Church.
Survivors include wife, Orem; two sons and seven daughters, Paul Taylor Chirstensen, Altadena, Calif.; Charles Christensen, Seattle, Wash.; Mrs. William (Wenda) Mercado, Santa Cruz, Calif.; Mrs. Michael (Linda) Ditzler, Auburn, Wash.; Mrs. Lloyd (Sylvia) Allred, Bountiful; Mrs. Marvin (Becky) Jones, Seattle, Wash.; Carol Lee Christensen, Alexandria, Virg.; Cynthia Christensen, Massachusetts.; Elizabeth Ann Christensen, New Hampshire; 14 grandchildren; two brothers, Harold Taylor Christensen, La Jolla, Calif.; and Arlond Taylor Christensen, St. George.
Funeral services Tuesday, January 16, 1990, 11 a.m., Cherry Hill 4th Ward Chapel, 1650 South 200 East, Orem. Friends may call Monday, 6-8 p.m., Sundberg-Olpin Mortuary, 495 South State, Orem, and one hour prior at the ward. Interment, East Lawn Memorial Cemetery.
T 1/14 N3 1/14
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14