Ross Taylor Christensen, 71, died January 12, 1990 at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo.
Born August 28, 1918, son of Henry Oswald and Nettie Lavina Taylor Christensen in Preston, Idaho. Married Ruth Richardson Morris June 20, 1947 in the Mesa LDS Temple. He was a professor emeritus of Archaeology and anthropology at BYU for 32 years, retiring in 1979. Member and officer of the Society of Early Historic Archaeology for 34 years. he was a gifted teacher and public speaker, he was a popular Education Week speaker. He completed his graduate work at the University of Arizona. He and his family lived in the Mediterranean area and studied the Phoenicians for three months. He served in the European Theatre in the Army; also as a chaplains assistant. He served an LDS Misson to Brizil, 1939-42. He was a counselor in the Bishopric in the Orem 15th Ward; officer in the first Genealogy Class in the Church.
Survivors include wife, Orem; two sons and seven daughters, Paul Taylor Chirstensen, Altadena, Calif.; Charles Christensen, Seattle, Wash.; Mrs. William (Wenda) Mercado, Santa Cruz, Calif.; Mrs. Michael (Linda) Ditzler, Auburn, Wash.; Mrs. Lloyd (Sylvia) Allred, Bountiful; Mrs. Marvin (Becky) Jones, Seattle, Wash.; Carol Lee Christensen, Alexandria, Virg.; Cynthia Christensen, Massachusetts.; Elizabeth Ann Christensen, New Hampshire; 14 grandchildren; two brothers, Harold Taylor Christensen, La Jolla, Calif.; and Arlond Taylor Christensen, St. George.
Funeral services Tuesday, January 16, 1990, 11 a.m., Cherry Hill 4th Ward Chapel, 1650 South 200 East, Orem. Friends may call Monday, 6-8 p.m., Sundberg-Olpin Mortuary, 495 South State, Orem, and one hour prior at the ward. Interment, East Lawn Memorial Cemetery.
T 1/14 N3 1/14
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8