Peter (Pete) Alserda, age 64, died January 5, 1990 while hospitalized in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born August 28, 1925 in Ogden, Utah to Peter and Jantina Achterhof Alserda. Married Ella Kaye Corless on March 19, 1949 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Veteran of U.S. Navy during WW II. Retired Teamster and had worked for Ashworth Transfer Co. Life-time member of P.R.C.A. and was Arena Director for the Days-of-'47 Rodeo for many years (1972-1984). He was an avid outdoorsman.Survived by his wife Kaye of Salt Lake City; two sons, Lee Haswood of Magna; and Lane Alserda of Salt Lake; a daughter, Charlene Alserda of Salt Lake; 13 grandchildren and one great-grandson; two sisters, Gertrude Flitton and Grace Wilson; and a brother, Louis Alserda; all of Salt Lake. Preceded in death by his parents and one sister.
Funeral services 11 a.m., Tuesday, January 9th, in Sandy, Larkin Sunset Gardens Chapel, 10600 South 1700 East. Friends may call at the downtown Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple on Monday evening 6-8 pm, and at the Sunset Gardens on Tuesday, the hour prior to services. Burial, the Larkin Sunset Gardens Cemetery.
T 1/7 N3 1/7
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 84
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 31
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7