Peter (Pete) Alserda, age 64, died January 5, 1990 while hospitalized in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born August 28, 1925 in Ogden, Utah to Peter and Jantina Achterhof Alserda. Married Ella Kaye Corless on March 19, 1949 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Veteran of U.S. Navy during WW II. Retired Teamster and had worked for Ashworth Transfer Co. Life-time member of P.R.C.A. and was Arena Director for the Days-of-'47 Rodeo for many years (1972-1984). He was an avid outdoorsman.Survived by his wife Kaye of Salt Lake City; two sons, Lee Haswood of Magna; and Lane Alserda of Salt Lake; a daughter, Charlene Alserda of Salt Lake; 13 grandchildren and one great-grandson; two sisters, Gertrude Flitton and Grace Wilson; and a brother, Louis Alserda; all of Salt Lake. Preceded in death by his parents and one sister.
Funeral services 11 a.m., Tuesday, January 9th, in Sandy, Larkin Sunset Gardens Chapel, 10600 South 1700 East. Friends may call at the downtown Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple on Monday evening 6-8 pm, and at the Sunset Gardens on Tuesday, the hour prior to services. Burial, the Larkin Sunset Gardens Cemetery.
T 1/7 N3 1/7
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9