Peter (Pete) Alserda, age 64, died January 5, 1990 while hospitalized in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born August 28, 1925 in Ogden, Utah to Peter and Jantina Achterhof Alserda. Married Ella Kaye Corless on March 19, 1949 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Veteran of U.S. Navy during WW II. Retired Teamster and had worked for Ashworth Transfer Co. Life-time member of P.R.C.A. and was Arena Director for the Days-of-'47 Rodeo for many years (1972-1984). He was an avid outdoorsman.Survived by his wife Kaye of Salt Lake City; two sons, Lee Haswood of Magna; and Lane Alserda of Salt Lake; a daughter, Charlene Alserda of Salt Lake; 13 grandchildren and one great-grandson; two sisters, Gertrude Flitton and Grace Wilson; and a brother, Louis Alserda; all of Salt Lake. Preceded in death by his parents and one sister.
Funeral services 11 a.m., Tuesday, January 9th, in Sandy, Larkin Sunset Gardens Chapel, 10600 South 1700 East. Friends may call at the downtown Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple on Monday evening 6-8 pm, and at the Sunset Gardens on Tuesday, the hour prior to services. Burial, the Larkin Sunset Gardens Cemetery.
T 1/7 N3 1/7
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11