Peter (Pete) Alserda, age 64, died January 5, 1990 while hospitalized in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born August 28, 1925 in Ogden, Utah to Peter and Jantina Achterhof Alserda. Married Ella Kaye Corless on March 19, 1949 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Veteran of U.S. Navy during WW II. Retired Teamster and had worked for Ashworth Transfer Co. Life-time member of P.R.C.A. and was Arena Director for the Days-of-'47 Rodeo for many years (1972-1984). He was an avid outdoorsman.Survived by his wife Kaye of Salt Lake City; two sons, Lee Haswood of Magna; and Lane Alserda of Salt Lake; a daughter, Charlene Alserda of Salt Lake; 13 grandchildren and one great-grandson; two sisters, Gertrude Flitton and Grace Wilson; and a brother, Louis Alserda; all of Salt Lake. Preceded in death by his parents and one sister.
Funeral services 11 a.m., Tuesday, January 9th, in Sandy, Larkin Sunset Gardens Chapel, 10600 South 1700 East. Friends may call at the downtown Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple on Monday evening 6-8 pm, and at the Sunset Gardens on Tuesday, the hour prior to services. Burial, the Larkin Sunset Gardens Cemetery.
T 1/7 N3 1/7
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 34
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15