Peter (Pete) Alserda, age 64, died January 5, 1990 while hospitalized in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born August 28, 1925 in Ogden, Utah to Peter and Jantina Achterhof Alserda. Married Ella Kaye Corless on March 19, 1949 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Veteran of U.S. Navy during WW II. Retired Teamster and had worked for Ashworth Transfer Co. Life-time member of P.R.C.A. and was Arena Director for the Days-of-'47 Rodeo for many years (1972-1984). He was an avid outdoorsman.Survived by his wife Kaye of Salt Lake City; two sons, Lee Haswood of Magna; and Lane Alserda of Salt Lake; a daughter, Charlene Alserda of Salt Lake; 13 grandchildren and one great-grandson; two sisters, Gertrude Flitton and Grace Wilson; and a brother, Louis Alserda; all of Salt Lake. Preceded in death by his parents and one sister.
Funeral services 11 a.m., Tuesday, January 9th, in Sandy, Larkin Sunset Gardens Chapel, 10600 South 1700 East. Friends may call at the downtown Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple on Monday evening 6-8 pm, and at the Sunset Gardens on Tuesday, the hour prior to services. Burial, the Larkin Sunset Gardens Cemetery.
T 1/7 N3 1/7
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from... 8