Our beloved wife, mother, grandmother and sister, Marietta Jensen Murphey, age 74, passed away on Dec. 14, 2000 at her home in South Jordan, Utah.
She was the center of our lives and we will miss her so much.
Marietta was born August 31, 1926 in Parowan, Utah, the daughter of Joseph M. and Rhoda Gurr Jensen.
She married Fred Murphey on Nov. 23, 1949 in Salt Lake City, Utah. She was a member of the LDS Church and had many callings.
She was a devoted and loving wife, mother and grandmother.
She loved gardening, golfing and being with her friends and family.
Survived by her loving husband, Fred; daughters, Kathleen (Richard) Schockmel, Logan; Marsha Murphey, Salt Lake City and Charlene (Marc) Wangsgard, Park City; her loving grandchildren, Arika and Nicholas Schockmel; Cameron and Brooke Wangsgard; her brother, LaMar (Roma) Jensen, Parowan and her sister-in-law, Marilyn White, Las Vegas, NV.
Marietta is preceded in death by her parents and brothers, Elmer and Dee Jensen.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, December 19, 2000 at 2 p.m. at the South Jordan 5th Ward, 2580 West 9800 South.
The family will receive friends at a viewing Monday, December 18th from 6-8 p.m. at Valley View Funeral Home, 4335 West 4100 South, and one hour prior to the services on Tuesday at the Ward. Interment: Valley View Memorial Park. Funeral Directors: Valley View Funeral Home.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17