Our beloved wife, mother, grandmother and sister, Marietta Jensen Murphey, age 74, passed away on Dec. 14, 2000 at her home in South Jordan, Utah.
She was the center of our lives and we will miss her so much.
Marietta was born August 31, 1926 in Parowan, Utah, the daughter of Joseph M. and Rhoda Gurr Jensen.
She married Fred Murphey on Nov. 23, 1949 in Salt Lake City, Utah. She was a member of the LDS Church and had many callings.
She was a devoted and loving wife, mother and grandmother.
She loved gardening, golfing and being with her friends and family.
Survived by her loving husband, Fred; daughters, Kathleen (Richard) Schockmel, Logan; Marsha Murphey, Salt Lake City and Charlene (Marc) Wangsgard, Park City; her loving grandchildren, Arika and Nicholas Schockmel; Cameron and Brooke Wangsgard; her brother, LaMar (Roma) Jensen, Parowan and her sister-in-law, Marilyn White, Las Vegas, NV.
Marietta is preceded in death by her parents and brothers, Elmer and Dee Jensen.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, December 19, 2000 at 2 p.m. at the South Jordan 5th Ward, 2580 West 9800 South.
The family will receive friends at a viewing Monday, December 18th from 6-8 p.m. at Valley View Funeral Home, 4335 West 4100 South, and one hour prior to the services on Tuesday at the Ward. Interment: Valley View Memorial Park. Funeral Directors: Valley View Funeral Home.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 27