Doris Evelyn Cooper Hopkinson Dawson, age 76, died Sept. 13, 2000 in Bountiful, Utah.
Born Nov. 30, 1923 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the daughter of Esley W. and Bessie Symthe Brophy Cooper. She married William Gordon Hopkinson on April 27, 1946 in Winnipeg; later divorced. She married Raymond Dawson on April 9, 1982 in Salt Lake City. He preceded her in death.
Doris loved playing practical jokes on her family and friends, including dressing up for holidays or special occasions. She also had a passion for roller skating, playing with children, and particularly swimming. She lived in Bountiful for more than 40 years, and had recently returned to the Salt Lake City area after living briefly with her son in Oregon.
She is survived by four children, Bernice (Lucky) Young, West Valley City; Wayne D. (Kris) Hopkinson, North Platte, Nebraska; Sylvia (Tom) Haraldsen, West Jordan; and Ron W. Hopkinson, Hermiston, Oregon; three sisters, Ida Iverson, Winnipeg Manitoba; Marge Osberg, Vancouver, British Columbia; and Joyce Bradshaw, Vancouver, British Columbia.; 15 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. A daughter, Audrey Irene Hopkinson preceded her in death.
Graveside services will be held Friday, Sept. 15, 2000 at 3 p.m. in the Bountiful City Cemetery, 2020 So. 200 W.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 17
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9