Doris Evelyn Cooper Hopkinson Dawson, age 76, died Sept. 13, 2000 in Bountiful, Utah.
Born Nov. 30, 1923 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the daughter of Esley W. and Bessie Symthe Brophy Cooper. She married William Gordon Hopkinson on April 27, 1946 in Winnipeg; later divorced. She married Raymond Dawson on April 9, 1982 in Salt Lake City. He preceded her in death.
Doris loved playing practical jokes on her family and friends, including dressing up for holidays or special occasions. She also had a passion for roller skating, playing with children, and particularly swimming. She lived in Bountiful for more than 40 years, and had recently returned to the Salt Lake City area after living briefly with her son in Oregon.
She is survived by four children, Bernice (Lucky) Young, West Valley City; Wayne D. (Kris) Hopkinson, North Platte, Nebraska; Sylvia (Tom) Haraldsen, West Jordan; and Ron W. Hopkinson, Hermiston, Oregon; three sisters, Ida Iverson, Winnipeg Manitoba; Marge Osberg, Vancouver, British Columbia; and Joyce Bradshaw, Vancouver, British Columbia.; 15 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. A daughter, Audrey Irene Hopkinson preceded her in death.
Graveside services will be held Friday, Sept. 15, 2000 at 3 p.m. in the Bountiful City Cemetery, 2020 So. 200 W.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 47
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 10
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9