Doris Evelyn Cooper Hopkinson Dawson, age 76, died Sept. 13, 2000 in Bountiful, Utah.
Born Nov. 30, 1923 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the daughter of Esley W. and Bessie Symthe Brophy Cooper. She married William Gordon Hopkinson on April 27, 1946 in Winnipeg; later divorced. She married Raymond Dawson on April 9, 1982 in Salt Lake City. He preceded her in death.
Doris loved playing practical jokes on her family and friends, including dressing up for holidays or special occasions. She also had a passion for roller skating, playing with children, and particularly swimming. She lived in Bountiful for more than 40 years, and had recently returned to the Salt Lake City area after living briefly with her son in Oregon.
She is survived by four children, Bernice (Lucky) Young, West Valley City; Wayne D. (Kris) Hopkinson, North Platte, Nebraska; Sylvia (Tom) Haraldsen, West Jordan; and Ron W. Hopkinson, Hermiston, Oregon; three sisters, Ida Iverson, Winnipeg Manitoba; Marge Osberg, Vancouver, British Columbia; and Joyce Bradshaw, Vancouver, British Columbia.; 15 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. A daughter, Audrey Irene Hopkinson preceded her in death.
Graveside services will be held Friday, Sept. 15, 2000 at 3 p.m. in the Bountiful City Cemetery, 2020 So. 200 W.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 70
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 13