Doris Evelyn Cooper Hopkinson Dawson, age 76, died Sept. 13, 2000 in Bountiful, Utah.
Born Nov. 30, 1923 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the daughter of Esley W. and Bessie Symthe Brophy Cooper. She married William Gordon Hopkinson on April 27, 1946 in Winnipeg; later divorced. She married Raymond Dawson on April 9, 1982 in Salt Lake City. He preceded her in death.
Doris loved playing practical jokes on her family and friends, including dressing up for holidays or special occasions. She also had a passion for roller skating, playing with children, and particularly swimming. She lived in Bountiful for more than 40 years, and had recently returned to the Salt Lake City area after living briefly with her son in Oregon.
She is survived by four children, Bernice (Lucky) Young, West Valley City; Wayne D. (Kris) Hopkinson, North Platte, Nebraska; Sylvia (Tom) Haraldsen, West Jordan; and Ron W. Hopkinson, Hermiston, Oregon; three sisters, Ida Iverson, Winnipeg Manitoba; Marge Osberg, Vancouver, British Columbia; and Joyce Bradshaw, Vancouver, British Columbia.; 15 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. A daughter, Audrey Irene Hopkinson preceded her in death.
Graveside services will be held Friday, Sept. 15, 2000 at 3 p.m. in the Bountiful City Cemetery, 2020 So. 200 W.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11