Doris Evelyn Cooper Hopkinson Dawson, age 76, died Sept. 13, 2000 in Bountiful, Utah.
Born Nov. 30, 1923 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the daughter of Esley W. and Bessie Symthe Brophy Cooper. She married William Gordon Hopkinson on April 27, 1946 in Winnipeg; later divorced. She married Raymond Dawson on April 9, 1982 in Salt Lake City. He preceded her in death.
Doris loved playing practical jokes on her family and friends, including dressing up for holidays or special occasions. She also had a passion for roller skating, playing with children, and particularly swimming. She lived in Bountiful for more than 40 years, and had recently returned to the Salt Lake City area after living briefly with her son in Oregon.
She is survived by four children, Bernice (Lucky) Young, West Valley City; Wayne D. (Kris) Hopkinson, North Platte, Nebraska; Sylvia (Tom) Haraldsen, West Jordan; and Ron W. Hopkinson, Hermiston, Oregon; three sisters, Ida Iverson, Winnipeg Manitoba; Marge Osberg, Vancouver, British Columbia; and Joyce Bradshaw, Vancouver, British Columbia.; 15 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. A daughter, Audrey Irene Hopkinson preceded her in death.
Graveside services will be held Friday, Sept. 15, 2000 at 3 p.m. in the Bountiful City Cemetery, 2020 So. 200 W.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8