Beloved wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and friend Helen Howard Sorensen, returned home to her Heaven-ly Father Thursday, August 17, 2000. For years she endured many health problems with gentleness and courage.
Born in Malad, ID Dec 4, 1919 to Thomas Edward and Zelda Davis Howard. She was raised in Salt Lake City where she graduated from South High School.
She attended the University of Utah and Brigham Young University. She taught classes at Henegar's Business College in Salt Lake and worked for Utah State Bank.
Married Wilson W. Sorensen Nov 12, 1942 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. They raised their family in Provo, UT. She is the mother of four wonderful children whose own lives portray her example of genuine kindness and concern for others. An active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she held several teaching and leadership positions, including counselors in the stake Primary presidency and ward Relief Society presidency. She taught the young women in Mutual, and also taught Primary for over 30 years. She especially loved working with the children.
Her remarkable gift of creating poems and songs was enjoyed by many, especially her grandchildren. She delighted in the wonders of nature and could make the simplest things in life seem special. She was a friend to everyone and we will truly miss her.
Survived by her loving husband of 57 years, Wilson; daughter, Kathy Sorensen, Provo, UT, and special daughter, Naomie Broken Leg, Provo, UT; sons, Kent H. (Jill) Sorensen, South Jordan, UT, Kim A. (Tonia) Sorensen, West Valley City, UT, Kory E. (Roxann) Sorensen, Grand Terrace, Ca; 18 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; beloved sister, Harriet (Reed) Nilsen, Alhambra, Ca; and many special in-laws, cousins, nieces, nephews.
Services will be 1 p.m. Tues. Aug 22, at the Rock Canyon LDS Ward, 3050 N. Mojave Lane (1200 E) Provo, UT. Friends may call 6-8 p.m. Mon. at Berg Mortuary, 185 E. Center Street, Provo, and 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. prior to services at the church. Interment, East Lawn Memorial Hills.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 120
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 26
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 17
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12