Richard Romney Wiest died June 28, 2000 from injuries suffered in an automobile accident.
Born August 5, 1955 in Salt Lake City, UT to Walter Gibson Wiest and Myrlene Romney Wiest. Rick was the fourth son in a loving home of seven children. He married Juli Ann Peterson for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake LDS Temple Dec. 29, 1978. He loved Juli with all his heart and found great joy in being a father to their six children: Michael Richard Wiest, 20, serving an LDS mission in Cebu, Philippines; Ryan Wiest, 18; Jenny Lynn Wiest, 16; Matthew Walter Wiest, 14; Richard James Wiest, 11; and Elizabeth Lois Wiest, 7. Rick was a boy at heart and the kids loved him because he was always willing to take the time to play with them.
Rick served an LDS mission to Munich, Germany. Active in Scouting, he participated in Woodbadge and Timberline training. Rick had an adventurous spirit. He was a great outdoorsman and loved to camp, hunt, and fish. He was an active businessman and entrepreneur in Southern Utah. He worked as a sales representative for the American National Insurance Company, and developed and owned properties in Kanab and Santa Clara, UT, and Mesquite, NV. Rick was happiest when he was buying and selling something.
He was never quick to judge but always first to lend a helping hand. He enjoyed a good game of Scrabble, letting his father-in-law win every once in a while. His sense of humor, willingness to serve, and natural warmth made him a friend to all.
Rick is survived by Julie and the kids, his mom and dad, and six brothers and sisters: David (Becky) Wiest, Downey, CA; Walter (Phyllis) Wiest, Royal Center, IN; Barton (Mari) Wiest, Orem, UT; Karen (Brian) Anderson, Salem, UT; Allyson (Paul) Brown, Hurricane, UT; Jennifer (Scott) Christensen, Boise, ID.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m., Monday, July 3 in the Santa Clara 5th Ward Chapel, 3040 W. Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, UT. Visitations will be held Sunday, July 2 from 6-8 p.m. at Metcalf Mortuary, 300 W. St. George, UT, and 9:30-10:30 a.m. Monday prior to services.
In lieu of flowers donations to assist with funeral costs may be given to Juli's mother, Lois Peterson, or deposited to the Wiest Children's Fund account at the Mountain America Credit Union, St. George, UT.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political insiders say...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12