Agnes Lovendahl Stewart, 91, who was manager of the Auerbach Co. in Salt Lake City for 17 years, died in Washington, D.C., Dec. 30, 1989.
Mrs. Stewart attended Salt Lake City schools and graduated with honors from the University of Utah. She earned a master's degree from Columbia University.Mrs. Stewart worked for Gillham Advertising in Salt Lake City, then joined Auerbach's as advertising manager. She next worked for the Meier & Frank department store in Portland, Ore.
In 1937 she returned to Auerbach's as the assistant store manager. Following the death of store manager Herbert Auerbach in 1945, she was promoted to that post. She served as manager until 1962.
Services were held in Washington, D.C.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9