NEW YORK (AP) A teenage girl and her boyfriend have admitted killing the girl's parents and dumping their bodies into the East River, a prosecutor said.
Eric Louissaint, 20, and Connie Leung, 17, gave "videotaped full confessions" to the murders of Stephen Leung, 55, and his wife Chilin, 41, Assistant District Attorney Todd Harrison said during their arraignment on murder charges Friday.
Police said the couple were angry that Leung's parents, immigrants from Hong Kong, disapproved of their relationship.
Louissaint was arraigned on two counts of first-degree murder, punishable by death or life in prison without parole.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Witness: More Oklahoma bombing videos may exist
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 45
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 14