NEW YORK (AP) A teenage girl and her boyfriend have admitted killing the girl's parents and dumping their bodies into the East River, a prosecutor said.
Eric Louissaint, 20, and Connie Leung, 17, gave "videotaped full confessions" to the murders of Stephen Leung, 55, and his wife Chilin, 41, Assistant District Attorney Todd Harrison said during their arraignment on murder charges Friday.
Police said the couple were angry that Leung's parents, immigrants from Hong Kong, disapproved of their relationship.
Louissaint was arraigned on two counts of first-degree murder, punishable by death or life in prison without parole.
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- New Russian military doctrine says NATO top...
- Father of pilot captured by Islamic State...
- Protesters rally for 2nd night after shooting...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Judge seems skeptical of challenge to... 4