NEW YORK (AP) A teenage girl and her boyfriend have admitted killing the girl's parents and dumping their bodies into the East River, a prosecutor said.
Eric Louissaint, 20, and Connie Leung, 17, gave "videotaped full confessions" to the murders of Stephen Leung, 55, and his wife Chilin, 41, Assistant District Attorney Todd Harrison said during their arraignment on murder charges Friday.
Police said the couple were angry that Leung's parents, immigrants from Hong Kong, disapproved of their relationship.
Louissaint was arraigned on two counts of first-degree murder, punishable by death or life in prison without parole.
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- 'The Lion King' earns record box office
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in White House...
- Why a parent going to prison can be worse...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Apple sells more than 10 million iPhones in...
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 9
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 8
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 7
- It's not just young people —... 7