CHICAGO (AP) Eight people were shot and wounded in a South Side park, and three people were arrested.
The shooting broke out around 8:15 p.m. Sunday near a basketball court in Jackson Park. Witnesses said the park was crowded with families.
"Everybody started running to their cars," said witness Ken Dunbar. "A lot of people (were) falling to the ground from getting hit by bullets. I just ducked."
While three people were in custody, no formal charges had been filed as of Monday morning, said Karen Morrissette, a police spokeswoman.
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8