CHICAGO (AP) Eight people were shot and wounded in a South Side park, and three people were arrested.
The shooting broke out around 8:15 p.m. Sunday near a basketball court in Jackson Park. Witnesses said the park was crowded with families.
"Everybody started running to their cars," said witness Ken Dunbar. "A lot of people (were) falling to the ground from getting hit by bullets. I just ducked."
While three people were in custody, no formal charges had been filed as of Monday morning, said Karen Morrissette, a police spokeswoman.
- Study: Yellowstone magma chamber more than 2...
- Police name doctor killed in Reno hospital...
- Ancient Stonehenge gets modern-day revamp
- Ron Burgundy continues to weave through...
- United Methodist minister won't quit...
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a trailer
- Massachusetts high-tech startup hopes to...
- Rare gene discovered that doubles Alzheimer's...
- Poll: Obama's health care law blamed... 35
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter entered... 34
- Can this marriage be saved? Republican... 29
- Associated Press survey: United States... 20
- United Methodist minister won't quit... 17
- Study: Yellowstone magma chamber more... 14
- More North Korea purges may follow... 7
- Fake interpreter at Nelson Mandela... 5