CHICAGO (AP) Eight people were shot and wounded in a South Side park, and three people were arrested.
The shooting broke out around 8:15 p.m. Sunday near a basketball court in Jackson Park. Witnesses said the park was crowded with families.
"Everybody started running to their cars," said witness Ken Dunbar. "A lot of people (were) falling to the ground from getting hit by bullets. I just ducked."
While three people were in custody, no formal charges had been filed as of Monday morning, said Karen Morrissette, a police spokeswoman.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Be ready for 'prolonged' Gaza war, Netanyahu...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10