CHICAGO (AP) Eight people were shot and wounded in a South Side park, and three people were arrested.
The shooting broke out around 8:15 p.m. Sunday near a basketball court in Jackson Park. Witnesses said the park was crowded with families.
"Everybody started running to their cars," said witness Ken Dunbar. "A lot of people (were) falling to the ground from getting hit by bullets. I just ducked."
While three people were in custody, no formal charges had been filed as of Monday morning, said Karen Morrissette, a police spokeswoman.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5