HUNTSVILLE, Mo. A man and woman opened fire in a county jail early Thursday killing the supervisor and a jail guard before fleeing the scene, authorities said.
The man and woman rang the overnight buzzer at the Randolph County Jail about 12:30 a.m. and began shooting when a guard opened the door, said Lyndell Roth, a spokesman for the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The woman was arrested around dawn in nearby Moberly, Roth said. Details on her arrest or how the two got separated were not immediately available.
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14