HUNTSVILLE, Mo. A man and woman opened fire in a county jail early Thursday killing the supervisor and a jail guard before fleeing the scene, authorities said.
The man and woman rang the overnight buzzer at the Randolph County Jail about 12:30 a.m. and began shooting when a guard opened the door, said Lyndell Roth, a spokesman for the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The woman was arrested around dawn in nearby Moberly, Roth said. Details on her arrest or how the two got separated were not immediately available.
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Private actions are company business
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 20
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9