HUNTSVILLE, Mo. A man and woman opened fire in a county jail early Thursday killing the supervisor and a jail guard before fleeing the scene, authorities said.
The man and woman rang the overnight buzzer at the Randolph County Jail about 12:30 a.m. and began shooting when a guard opened the door, said Lyndell Roth, a spokesman for the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The woman was arrested around dawn in nearby Moberly, Roth said. Details on her arrest or how the two got separated were not immediately available.
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 15
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14