Our son, brother, uncle, and nephew, Steven James Nichols died June 8, 2000.
Steve was born October 25, 1966 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was the youngest of three sons born to Samuel L. and Sharon Nichols.Steve packed a lot of living into his short 33 years with us. We will miss him terribly. Steve graduated from Olympus High School where he played a little foot-ball, ran a bit of track, but had his best success with wrestling. Steve gave college life a try at the University of Utah but discovered his talent and vocation at the Utah College of Massage Therapy.
Growing up in a sports-minded and adventuresome family, Steve learned to ski at an early age and by adulthood was a beautiful and graceful telemark skier. He also loved golf, hiking, camping, and cycling. Great trips and outings with family members and friends were a great source of enjoyment for Steve.
Steve grew up a member of the LDS Church and was active in the scouting program. He achieved its highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Steve is survived by his parents; two older brothers, Bryan (Tracy), Salt Lake City, Jeff (Jane), Grand Blanc, MI; and five nephews that loved and cherished him dearly (Garrett, Max, Sam, Nate, and Seth).
Services will be 12 noon Wed. June 14, in the LDS Holladay-North Stake Center, 4395 So. Albright Dr. Friends and family may call 6-8 p.m. Tues at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 E. 1300 So., Salt Lake City, and at the stake center one hour prior to services. Interment at Ben Lomand Cemetery, 526 E. 2850 No., North Ogden, Utah.
Steve will be missed.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 27