Our son, brother, uncle, and nephew, Steven James Nichols died June 8, 2000.
Steve was born October 25, 1966 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was the youngest of three sons born to Samuel L. and Sharon Nichols.Steve packed a lot of living into his short 33 years with us. We will miss him terribly. Steve graduated from Olympus High School where he played a little foot-ball, ran a bit of track, but had his best success with wrestling. Steve gave college life a try at the University of Utah but discovered his talent and vocation at the Utah College of Massage Therapy.
Growing up in a sports-minded and adventuresome family, Steve learned to ski at an early age and by adulthood was a beautiful and graceful telemark skier. He also loved golf, hiking, camping, and cycling. Great trips and outings with family members and friends were a great source of enjoyment for Steve.
Steve grew up a member of the LDS Church and was active in the scouting program. He achieved its highest rank of Eagle Scout.
Steve is survived by his parents; two older brothers, Bryan (Tracy), Salt Lake City, Jeff (Jane), Grand Blanc, MI; and five nephews that loved and cherished him dearly (Garrett, Max, Sam, Nate, and Seth).
Services will be 12 noon Wed. June 14, in the LDS Holladay-North Stake Center, 4395 So. Albright Dr. Friends and family may call 6-8 p.m. Tues at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 E. 1300 So., Salt Lake City, and at the stake center one hour prior to services. Interment at Ben Lomand Cemetery, 526 E. 2850 No., North Ogden, Utah.
Steve will be missed.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14