Starpix, Dave Allocca, Associated Press
NEW YORK — The calendar says August, but that didn't stop Santa Claus from visiting midtown Manhattan and snarling a section of Sixth Avenue, much to the bafflement of tourists and the frustration of drivers forced to idle their vehicles.
Father Christmas, along with 15 Rockettes costumed as rag dolls, stood on a Radio City Music Hall porch on Thursday as 12 Rockettes dressed as toy soldiers marched on the street below to perform the "Parade of the Wooden Soldiers."
It was a 6-minute promotional event — complete with a belching snow machine — for "The Radio City Christmas Spectacular," which starts Nov. 7.
"Merry Christmas!" said Santa. "And I want to see you all at the show this year."
For the record, there are 132 days until Christmas.
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in...
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Abused children die as officials across the...
- Feisty former NYC schools chief cuts loose on...
- Tired of interruptions, one priest found the...
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his powers
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 31
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 9