BRENTWOOD, N.H. — Prosecutors are recommending 30 to 60 years in prison for a man who beat his girlfriend's 3-year-old son and then went to Disney World.
Defense lawyers are recommending 5 to 10 years for 28-year-old Roland Dow, of Plaistow. He's being sentenced Thursday in Brentwood.
Dow and the boy's mother were arrested at the Florida amusement park in 2012, two weeks after leaving the toddler at a hospital with a brain injury, head-to-toe bruises and burns on his arm and hand.
Jessica Linscott pleaded guilty and is serving up to seven years in prison.
Dow was convicted of assaulting the boy, failing to get him medical help, coaching him to lie to a social worker and secretly recording the social worker's visit. He was acquitted of burning the boy.
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8