BRENTWOOD, N.H. — Prosecutors are recommending 30 to 60 years in prison for a man who beat his girlfriend's 3-year-old son and then went to Disney World.
Defense lawyers are recommending 5 to 10 years for 28-year-old Roland Dow, of Plaistow. He's being sentenced Thursday in Brentwood.
Dow and the boy's mother were arrested at the Florida amusement park in 2012, two weeks after leaving the toddler at a hospital with a brain injury, head-to-toe bruises and burns on his arm and hand.
Jessica Linscott pleaded guilty and is serving up to seven years in prison.
Dow was convicted of assaulting the boy, failing to get him medical help, coaching him to lie to a social worker and secretly recording the social worker's visit. He was acquitted of burning the boy.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5