Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
AIR STATION CAPE COD, Mass. — President Barack Obama has arrived in Massachusetts for his two-week summer vacation, which comes as the U.S. is engaged in airstrikes against Islamic militant targets in Iraq.
Obama and his family landed at a Coast Guard station on Cape Cod before heading to their final destination — Martha's Vineyard.
Before leaving the White House, he told reporters that he was ready "to not have a suit on for a while."
Obama is breaking up his vacation with a two-day return to Washington midway through the trip.
The president typically keeps a low-profile on his annual summer vacations. But he will headline a Democratic fundraiser on the island Monday night.
The president and his family are staying in a rented vacation house in the town of Chilmark.
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Italian village honoring pilots of WWII US...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 8
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5