Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Associated Press
AIR STATION CAPE COD, Mass. — President Barack Obama has arrived in Massachusetts for his two-week summer vacation, which comes as the U.S. is engaged in airstrikes against Islamic militant targets in Iraq.
Obama and his family landed at a Coast Guard station on Cape Cod before heading to their final destination — Martha's Vineyard.
Before leaving the White House, he told reporters that he was ready "to not have a suit on for a while."
Obama is breaking up his vacation with a two-day return to Washington midway through the trip.
The president typically keeps a low-profile on his annual summer vacations. But he will headline a Democratic fundraiser on the island Monday night.
The president and his family are staying in a rented vacation house in the town of Chilmark.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- After 1st Ebola case in NYC, 3 others...
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- White House fence jumper charged with assault
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 23
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 18
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7