Hadi Mizban, Associated Press
BAGHDAD — Iraqi officials say a suicide car bomber has rammed his explosives-laden car into a police checkpoint in Baghdad, killing at least 12 people.
The official said seven civilians were among the dead in Thursday's attack that took place in the predominantly Shiite northern neighborhood of Kazimiyah. He added that 25 other people were wounded.
A medical official confirmed the causality figure. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to release information.
Since Islamic militants seized much of the country's north and west, there has been a campaign of bombings against Baghdad. A string of car bombs killed 51 Wednesday night.
- 50 things about 'The Sound of Music' to help...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- 34 of the best Lemony Snicket quotes
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- 11 Seussian quotations to celebrate Dr....
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli PM's...
- Young girl's story may lead Idaho to approve...
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep... 24
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 21
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli... 18
- Democrats caught between Obama,... 16
- Calling for cooperation, Obama engages... 15
- Bill O'Reilly's partisan critics... 14
- Obama plans trip to South Carolina,... 14