AP, Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision
SAN DIEGO — "Sons of Anarchy" is revving up for its final season but the outlaw motorcycle club will live on in books.
Series creator Kurt Sutter revealed the cover art to "Sons of Anarchy: Bratva" (Titan Books Ltd.) Sunday at Comic-Con.
The first of a series about the "Sons" world, "Bratva" is set in the show's fourth season. It follows Jax (Charlie Hunnam), Opie (Ryan Hurst) and Chibs, played by Tommy Flanagan.
Sutter also revisited the topic of a possible prequel to the series. He said serious "talks are ongoing."
"I don't know if it will be a full-on series or a mini-series," he said.
One thing he's sure of is "there'll be no spinoffs" because he believes those only work for procedurals.
Fans also got to see footage from the season 7 premiere, which airs Sept. 9 at 10 p.m. EDT on FX.
Hunnam was not at the panel session but pre-taped a video message for the audience.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6