AP, Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision
SAN DIEGO — Kevin Bacon's "Six Degrees" world got even bigger Sunday at Comic-Con.
During a Sunday panel for his Fox show "The Following," a fan brought up the pop culture game known as "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon," whose premise is anyone in Hollywood can be linked to the actor. She wondered if by talking to him she could then be a part of his universe.
Bacon said that technically you need to be in a movie with him to be connected in the "Six Degrees" world.
The actor then stood up and took a video of the crowd in the San Diego Convention Center's 6,500-seat Hall H.
He also got laughs when a young girl told him she loved him in the 2011 movie "Crazy Stupid Love."
"Thank you for loving me for such a long time, I guarantee you that I have socks that are older than you, but time is relative," Bacon said.
In "The Following," Bacon plays an FBI agent who hunts down killers. He spent the first two seasons tracking a psychotic murderer, played by James Purefoy, who manipulated others to follow his lead.
Show creator Kevin Williamson said at the panel that he was looking at season 3 as a reset.
To do that, the show needed "a bigger, badder, more complicated villain," show runner Jennifer Johnson teased. "It will take a few episodes before you start to understand what that means. We're going to throw the title of the show on its head."
The audience also got to see an alternate ending of the season 2 finale, where Purefoy's character is shot. In the version that aired, he was arrested.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6