The Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA — A man accused of fatally shooting his caseworker and grazing his psychiatrist at a suburban Philadelphia hospital complex has been charged with murder.
Authorities say 49-year-old Richard Plotts was arraigned late Saturday at his hospital bedside after emerging from sedation. Plotts was injured when the psychiatrist returned fire.
Authorities say Plotts was ranting about Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital's gun ban Thursday before he shot 53-year-old caseworker Theresa Hunt during an appointment. Authorities say psychiatrist Lee Silverman then crouched behind a chair and pulled out his own gun to shoot Plotts.
Hunt's brother, Dennis, tells WPVI-TV she was strong and good-hearted. He says the family called her "Mother Theresa."
Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan says police seized two additional guns when they searched Plotts home in Clifton Heights.
- Student debt pushing some retirees toward...
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4