The Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA — A man accused of fatally shooting his caseworker and grazing his psychiatrist at a suburban Philadelphia hospital complex has been charged with murder.
Authorities say 49-year-old Richard Plotts was arraigned late Saturday at his hospital bedside after emerging from sedation. Plotts was injured when the psychiatrist returned fire.
Authorities say Plotts was ranting about Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital's gun ban Thursday before he shot 53-year-old caseworker Theresa Hunt during an appointment. Authorities say psychiatrist Lee Silverman then crouched behind a chair and pulled out his own gun to shoot Plotts.
Hunt's brother, Dennis, tells WPVI-TV she was strong and good-hearted. He says the family called her "Mother Theresa."
Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan says police seized two additional guns when they searched Plotts home in Clifton Heights.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on courage...
- CVS tacks tobacco payment to prescription...
- Inspector: 'Serious lapse' at Secret Service
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 19
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 16
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8