The Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA — A man accused of fatally shooting his caseworker and grazing his psychiatrist at a suburban Philadelphia hospital complex has been charged with murder.
Authorities say 49-year-old Richard Plotts was arraigned late Saturday at his hospital bedside after emerging from sedation. Plotts was injured when the psychiatrist returned fire.
Authorities say Plotts was ranting about Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital's gun ban Thursday before he shot 53-year-old caseworker Theresa Hunt during an appointment. Authorities say psychiatrist Lee Silverman then crouched behind a chair and pulled out his own gun to shoot Plotts.
Hunt's brother, Dennis, tells WPVI-TV she was strong and good-hearted. He says the family called her "Mother Theresa."
Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan says police seized two additional guns when they searched Plotts home in Clifton Heights.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic State threat
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- At least 31 believed dead at Japanese volcano...
- Game officials: Antelope poached near Casper
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby daughter
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be stopped,...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 22
- White House: Holder resigning as... 20
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 13
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Congress releases war funds to fight Ebola 9