Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals in 3...
- How to prevent cognitive decline related to...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- This couple lost their wedding location the...
- Schizophrenic and a college dropout: Sperm...
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 15
- Influx of Christian programming at... 10
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 6
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals... 6
- Families make videos to reassure... 5
- 'Be yourself in camouflage': 'Duck... 4
- ‘Dr. Oz’ will mount on-air... 4
- Toddler has no kidneys; family hopes... 4