Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Erin Stewart: Are Mormon women getting...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old boy performs 'Do...
- UTubers: BYU's Divine Comedy makes computer...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Concert preview: Broadway star Kelli O'Hara...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Roy dancer makes 'So You Think You Can Dance'...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Erin Stewart: Are Mormon women getting... 35
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- Cookbook review: 'The Hungry... 4
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes,... 3
- E-cigs surpass cigarettes in popularity... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Advice for... 3
- 'Concussion' director says no... 2