Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 19 little-known facts about the Mission:...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 113
- Government audit finds health law... 7
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two... 4
- Got a cold? Antibiotics may do more... 4
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- Millennials still reluctant to move... 3
- Feds release updated strategy against... 2
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2