Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Parenting programs leave father out, to kids'...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What accounts for the cinematic generation gap?
- Dear mom on the iPhone: Let me tell you... 76
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- Erin Stewart: Prom dress modesty raises... 9
- Top reasons couples divorce... 4
- Colleges getting out of health... 3
- From the Statue of Liberty to Utah's... 3
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I... 3
- 4-year-old boy gets new ear with aid of... 3