Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- Video: Utah man uses 'random acts of pasta'...
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the...
- Richard Paul Evans: 8-year-old boy with bone...
- Utah dad uses artistic talent, over 900 lunch...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- American Fork High School Marching Band ready...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be... 21
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the... 14
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex 10
- Families have become the scapegoat of... 9
- EPA proposes stricter ozone standard;... 8
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere 5
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4