Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Disney and Pixar movie quiz: 25 quotes from...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling visits the...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- The Clean Cut: Modern-day good Samaritan...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 14
- Researchers: Patients have only... 12
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 9
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- Can too many dating options be a... 6