Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- These touching Christmas ads will melt any...
- Coloring books offer adults something they...
- Steve Eaton: 'Bewitched' apparitions make for...
- BYUtv docudrama 'Joan of Arc' shares...
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds, high...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- Lexi Walker performs arrangement of 'Ave...
- Seasonal stagings: Area theaters host holiday...
- Steve Eaton: 'Bewitched' apparitions... 8
- Defending the Faith: Reasons for... 3
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco... 2
- BYUtv docudrama 'Joan of Arc' shares... 2
- 6 things to help you cope with the end... 2
- Hundreds gather in Cuba in frustration... 1
- ‘Miracle baby’ born on... 1
- Lexi Walker performs arrangement of... 1