Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who feels...
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing...
- UTubers: The Piano Guys perform cover of 'Sky...
- Erin Stewart: Living with less, and loving it
- Employer health insurance will soon be taxed,...
- Frozen star Santino Fontana marries Jessica...
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- The Clean Cut: Crocodile Hunter's daughter...
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Employer health insurance will soon be... 9
- Lawmakers discuss questionable politics... 8
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just... 5
- Construction, manufacturing employees... 5
- Abortion, birth control, race top... 4
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 4
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at... 3