Denis Poroy, Invision
SAN DIEGO — Several members of "The Avengers" descended on Comic-Con to debut the first footage from the upcoming superhero sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner were on hand with other cast members from "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," including Samuel L. Jackson and Colbie Smolders.
The footage kicked off with the superhero team attempting to pick up Thor's mighty hammer before launching into a barrage of action-packed imagery, including Hulk battling a giant Iron Man robot and a close up of Captain America's split shield.
"If I lift it, do I get to rule?" Tony Stark asked while trying to lift Thor's hammer — both with and without an Iron Man gauntlet.
The cast were joined by newcomers Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany and James Spader, who personifies the villainous mechanical force Ultron in the sequel.
"I play an 8-foot robot in this movie," joked Spader. "I've always played humans up until this point."
"Age of Ultron" is set for release May 1, 2015.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- 'Just Let Go' takes an unflinching look at...
- Does your child struggle to focus? Here's why...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- New York Times best-selling author talks...
- 'Pan': 3 points for parents
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 44
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 22
- Mental health vs. gun control: The... 15
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 5
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 4
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer... 4