Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Thousands of runners took to the streets Thursday for the annual Deseret News Classic marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K runs.
Fritz Van De Kamp finished first in the men's division of the Deseret News Classic marathon with a time of 2:25:54.4, while Allie Moore took the women's title with a time of 3:11:56.4.
In the half marathon, Brett Hales took the first-place spot in the men's division for the second year in a row, this year with a time of 1:06:44.1, while Lindsey Dunkley cruised to victory in the women's division with a time of 1:14:46.4.
Patrick Smyth, looking to regain the men's division title he previously held in 2011 and 2012, won the Deseret News Classic 10K with a time of 29:23.1, while Taylor Ward won the women's division with a time of 34:30.5.
Explore the full results from the Deseret News Classic races — including placements, times and pace — on the Deseret News Classic searchable database.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20