Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Thousands of runners took to the streets Thursday for the annual Deseret News Classic marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K runs.
Fritz Van De Kamp finished first in the men's division of the Deseret News Classic marathon with a time of 2:25:54.4, while Allie Moore took the women's title with a time of 3:11:56.4.
In the half marathon, Brett Hales took the first-place spot in the men's division for the second year in a row, this year with a time of 1:06:44.1, while Lindsey Dunkley cruised to victory in the women's division with a time of 1:14:46.4.
Patrick Smyth, looking to regain the men's division title he previously held in 2011 and 2012, won the Deseret News Classic 10K with a time of 29:23.1, while Taylor Ward won the women's division with a time of 34:30.5.
Explore the full results from the Deseret News Classic races — including placements, times and pace — on the Deseret News Classic searchable database.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Ben Lomond Scots 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16