Deseret News archives
The Days of '47 Parade — known previously as both Pioneer Days and Covered Wagon Days — was first held in 1849, and has continued since that time, celebrating the 1847 arrival of the Mormon pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley.
Using Deseret News archive photos, here's a photographic look back through the parade's history, starting in 1864 and moving through 2013.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 25
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 24
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 20