Mikhail Metzel, Associated Press
KIEV, Ukraine — Two Ukrainian military fighter jets have been shot down in the east, according to the country's Defense Ministry.
The Sukhoi-25 fighters were shot down 1:30 p.m. local time Wednesday over an area called Savur Mogila.
Defense Ministry spokesman Oleksiy Dmitrashkovsky says the planes may have been carrying up to two crew members each.
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in...
- AP Photos: 4 seasons in 1 war on WWI...
- Feisty former NYC schools chief cuts loose on...
- Abused children die as officials across the...
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his powers
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Timeline of the Sony Pictures Entertainment hack
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 31
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 12
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11