Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Behind the MVP-winning performance of former BYU outside hitter Taylor Sander, Team USA won the FIVB men's volleyball world league championship by a score of 31-29, 21-25, 25-20, 25-23 over Brazil in Florence, Italy, on Sunday.
Sander, a rookie on the world league, produced 22 spikes and two blocks to lead all scorers with 24 points.
The Americans became one of just four nations to win multiple titles after winning in 2008, while Brazil lost in the finals for the second straight year.
USA vs. Brazil
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34