Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Behind the MVP-winning performance of former BYU outside hitter Taylor Sander, Team USA won the FIVB men's volleyball world league championship by a score of 31-29, 21-25, 25-20, 25-23 over Brazil in Florence, Italy, on Sunday.
Sander, a rookie on the world league, produced 22 spikes and two blocks to lead all scorers with 24 points.
The Americans became one of just four nations to win multiple titles after winning in 2008, while Brazil lost in the finals for the second straight year.
USA vs. Brazil
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 22
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21