Nick Ut, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Hot Wheels and the dark side of The Force are carpooling to Comic-Con this week.
Mattel is unveiling a full-size working replica of a Darth Vader character car at the toy maker's booth during the four-day pop-culture celebration in San Diego.
The ride marks the first collaboration from the "Star Wars" sci-fi franchise and the popular toy car brand. The custom-built vehicle is capable of going up to 80 miles per hour. The dashboard inside will resemble the interior of the Sith lord's helmet and emit his signature breathing sounds.
Mattel is among several toy makers releasing limited edition collectible toys at Comic-Con. A special edition of the die-cast Darth Vader car encased in a replica of a lightsaber will be on sale at the convention for $40.
- 50 things about 'The Sound of Music' to help...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- 11 Seussian quotations to celebrate Dr....
- What to expect from Costco's new deal with...
- 34 of the best Lemony Snicket quotes
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli PM's...
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- Google selling wireless plans to get more...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 27
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep... 24
- Democrats caught between Obama,... 16
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli... 16
- Bill O'Reilly's partisan critics... 14
- 'Jihadi John' seen in beheading videos... 13
- Leonard Nimoy, famous as Mr. Spock on... 13