Nick Ut, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Hot Wheels and the dark side of The Force are carpooling to Comic-Con this week.
Mattel is unveiling a full-size working replica of a Darth Vader character car at the toy maker's booth during the four-day pop-culture celebration in San Diego.
The ride marks the first collaboration from the "Star Wars" sci-fi franchise and the popular toy car brand. The custom-built vehicle is capable of going up to 80 miles per hour. The dashboard inside will resemble the interior of the Sith lord's helmet and emit his signature breathing sounds.
Mattel is among several toy makers releasing limited edition collectible toys at Comic-Con. A special edition of the die-cast Darth Vader car encased in a replica of a lightsaber will be on sale at the convention for $40.
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Friends, family of Dallas Ebola patient reach...
- Ana turns into hurricane off the coast of Hawaii
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Nevada spree;...
- Can public officials refuse to perform...
- CDC to revise Ebola protocol, Pentagon preps...
- Police hunt for clues near where Va. remains...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 67
- Houston subpoenas sermons in battle... 32
- Budget deficit drops to $483B, lowest... 26
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 16
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14