CLEVELAND — Mike Miller had choices. None of them was better than playing with LeBron James again.
Miller has agreed to a $5.5 million, two-year contract with the Cavaliers, re-uniting the sharpshooting forward with James, his former teammate in Miami. Miller's contract includes a player option in the second year, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.
The person spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the deal is not yet signed. Miller will make $2.7 million next season, and the option is worth $2.8 million, the person said.
The 34-year-old Miller also was coveted by Dallas and Denver. But the chance to play alongside James was enough to send him to Cleveland. Miller and James played together with the Heat for three seasons, winning two NBA titles. Miller reportedly had a three-year offer from the Mavericks.
Last season, Miller played in 82 games — the most since his rookie season — for Memphis. He shot 46 percent (107 of 233) on 3-pointers and averaged 7.1 points and 2.5 rebounds.
After agreeing to the deal, Miller posted a message on his Instagram account, thanking Grizzlies fans and acknowledging James.
"Thanks to Memphis for a great year!!" Miller wrote. "But I'm so excited to be a part of the Cleveland family and their fans. The only thing you can expect from me is everything I have! So excited to reunite with u my brother! I know I don't even need to tell you this but I will "Let It Fly".''
Miller gives the Cavs another outside offensive option and someone to help spread the floor for James, who signed a two-year, $42 million contract with Cleveland on Saturday.
Although Miller was slowed by injuries during his tenure with Miami, the Heat could always count on him to knock down big shots and James never lost confidence in him.
Miller has made 41 percent of his 3-point attempts during an NBA career that began with Orlando in 2000. The Magic drafted Miller, who played at Florida, with the No. 5 overall pick in 2000. He also has played for Minnesota and Washington.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44