TALLAHASSEE, Fla. Utah wide receiver Dres Anderson has been named the Biletnikoff Award watch list, which is presented to the outstanding receiver in college football. It is the second major watch list to feature Anderson.
He was also selected to the watch list for the Maxwell Award, given to the College Player of the Year. Anderson, who was an honorable mention All-Pac-12 selection last season, is the top returning receiver in the Pac-12. Last year, he became the seventh receiver in school history to reach 1,000 yards in a season, gaining 1,002 yards on 53 catches.
Anderson led the Pac-12 and was 12th in the country in yards per catch (18.91) in 2013, while finishing fourth in the Pac-12 in receiving yards per game (83.5). He was tied for first in the nation in receptions of 50 yards or longer (7). Anderson has six career 100-yard receiving games, which is tied for fifth in school history.
Anderson, Andy Phillips (Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award) and Tom Hackett (Ray Guy Award, nation's top punter) have all been named to preseason watch lists this season.
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Curtain raiser: Quin Snyder Era begins in...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 35