TALLAHASSEE, Fla. Utah wide receiver Dres Anderson has been named the Biletnikoff Award watch list, which is presented to the outstanding receiver in college football. It is the second major watch list to feature Anderson.
He was also selected to the watch list for the Maxwell Award, given to the College Player of the Year. Anderson, who was an honorable mention All-Pac-12 selection last season, is the top returning receiver in the Pac-12. Last year, he became the seventh receiver in school history to reach 1,000 yards in a season, gaining 1,002 yards on 53 catches.
Anderson led the Pac-12 and was 12th in the country in yards per catch (18.91) in 2013, while finishing fourth in the Pac-12 in receiving yards per game (83.5). He was tied for first in the nation in receptions of 50 yards or longer (7). Anderson has six career 100-yard receiving games, which is tied for fifth in school history.
Anderson, Andy Phillips (Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award) and Tom Hackett (Ray Guy Award, nation's top punter) have all been named to preseason watch lists this season.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27