TALLAHASSEE, Fla. Utah wide receiver Dres Anderson has been named the Biletnikoff Award watch list, which is presented to the outstanding receiver in college football. It is the second major watch list to feature Anderson.
He was also selected to the watch list for the Maxwell Award, given to the College Player of the Year. Anderson, who was an honorable mention All-Pac-12 selection last season, is the top returning receiver in the Pac-12. Last year, he became the seventh receiver in school history to reach 1,000 yards in a season, gaining 1,002 yards on 53 catches.
Anderson led the Pac-12 and was 12th in the country in yards per catch (18.91) in 2013, while finishing fourth in the Pac-12 in receiving yards per game (83.5). He was tied for first in the nation in receptions of 50 yards or longer (7). Anderson has six career 100-yard receiving games, which is tied for fifth in school history.
Anderson, Andy Phillips (Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award) and Tom Hackett (Ray Guy Award, nation's top punter) have all been named to preseason watch lists this season.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18