Frank Franklin II, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Hillary Rodham Clinton is appearing on Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" but she isn't giving any clues on whether she'll run for president.
Stewart introduced Clinton during Tuesday's taping in Manhattan by saying, "She's here solely for one reason: to publicly and definitively declare her candidacy for president of the United States."
That proved not to be true. But Clinton acknowledged that the speculation surrounding her possible candidacy has become "a cottage industry."
The two moved on to issues in national and international politics that Clinton faced as secretary of state, including the tension between Israel and the Palestinians.
Stewart also plugged Clinton's book "Hard Choices," but then joked that no one cares about the book, they just want to know if she's running.
The show will air later Tuesday.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- NFL says Husain Abdullah should not have been...
- Luck, instinct determined fates of volcano...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at Pentagon
- Officials confirm first Ebola case diagnosed...
- Olympian Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charge
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Parents of Michael Brown unmoved by... 7