Frank Franklin II, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Hillary Rodham Clinton is appearing on Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" but she isn't giving any clues on whether she'll run for president.
Stewart introduced Clinton during Tuesday's taping in Manhattan by saying, "She's here solely for one reason: to publicly and definitively declare her candidacy for president of the United States."
That proved not to be true. But Clinton acknowledged that the speculation surrounding her possible candidacy has become "a cottage industry."
The two moved on to issues in national and international politics that Clinton faced as secretary of state, including the tension between Israel and the Palestinians.
Stewart also plugged Clinton's book "Hard Choices," but then joked that no one cares about the book, they just want to know if she's running.
The show will air later Tuesday.
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Survivors visit Auschwitz a day ahead of 70th...
- Chess in schools: bringing the classic mind...
- Want to help a sex trafficking victim get on...
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard threatens NYC...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
- Obama seeks bigger wilderness designation in...
- Vaccinate the economy against disease
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 83
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 28
- House Republicans run into divisions... 21
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 20
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Idaho has 22 breeding wolf pairs, an... 12
- Religious response to postponed... 11