Frank Franklin II, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Hillary Rodham Clinton is appearing on Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" but she isn't giving any clues on whether she'll run for president.
Stewart introduced Clinton during Tuesday's taping in Manhattan by saying, "She's here solely for one reason: to publicly and definitively declare her candidacy for president of the United States."
That proved not to be true. But Clinton acknowledged that the speculation surrounding her possible candidacy has become "a cottage industry."
The two moved on to issues in national and international politics that Clinton faced as secretary of state, including the tension between Israel and the Palestinians.
Stewart also plugged Clinton's book "Hard Choices," but then joked that no one cares about the book, they just want to know if she's running.
The show will air later Tuesday.
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Investigators may have recovered up to 30,000...
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Redistribution of homes begins in Utah FLDS town
- Ice snarls Michigan roadways, airport runways
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- President Obama's immigration reforms seek to...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 62
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 27
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 17
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14