Frank Franklin II, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Hillary Rodham Clinton is appearing on Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" but she isn't giving any clues on whether she'll run for president.
Stewart introduced Clinton during Tuesday's taping in Manhattan by saying, "She's here solely for one reason: to publicly and definitively declare her candidacy for president of the United States."
That proved not to be true. But Clinton acknowledged that the speculation surrounding her possible candidacy has become "a cottage industry."
The two moved on to issues in national and international politics that Clinton faced as secretary of state, including the tension between Israel and the Palestinians.
Stewart also plugged Clinton's book "Hard Choices," but then joked that no one cares about the book, they just want to know if she's running.
The show will air later Tuesday.
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there a...
- 'Is your job depressing?' Why it's a great...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8