Frank Franklin II, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Hillary Rodham Clinton is appearing on Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" but she isn't giving any clues on whether she'll run for president.
Stewart introduced Clinton during Tuesday's taping in Manhattan by saying, "She's here solely for one reason: to publicly and definitively declare her candidacy for president of the United States."
That proved not to be true. But Clinton acknowledged that the speculation surrounding her possible candidacy has become "a cottage industry."
The two moved on to issues in national and international politics that Clinton faced as secretary of state, including the tension between Israel and the Palestinians.
Stewart also plugged Clinton's book "Hard Choices," but then joked that no one cares about the book, they just want to know if she's running.
The show will air later Tuesday.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8