EL PASO — Grant Green delivered a pinch-hit RBI double in the top of the 10th inning to give the Salt Lake Bees a 6-5 win over the El Paso Chihuahuas on Saturday night.
After El Paso tied the game with two runs in the bottom of the ninth, pinch hitter Roberto Lopez led off the 10th with a walk.
Luis Martinez sacrificed Lopez to second. Green followed with a soft liner down the right field line that brought home Lopez with the eventual winning run.
Michael Kohn closed out the game with a scoreless bottom of the 10th to earn his fourth save.
Yoslan Herrera (2-4) picked up the win despite allowing the two runs that tied the game in the bottom of the ninth on an RBI double by Reymond Fuentes and a sacrifice fly by former Bee Chris Nelson for his fourth RBI of the game.
Luis Jimenez led Salt Lake with three hits and one RBI, while Shawn O'Malley added two hits and one RBI, as six different hitters each drove in one run.
The victory gave the Bees their first back to back wins since they won three straight June 12-14.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20