EL PASO — Grant Green delivered a pinch-hit RBI double in the top of the 10th inning to give the Salt Lake Bees a 6-5 win over the El Paso Chihuahuas on Saturday night.
After El Paso tied the game with two runs in the bottom of the ninth, pinch hitter Roberto Lopez led off the 10th with a walk.
Luis Martinez sacrificed Lopez to second. Green followed with a soft liner down the right field line that brought home Lopez with the eventual winning run.
Michael Kohn closed out the game with a scoreless bottom of the 10th to earn his fourth save.
Yoslan Herrera (2-4) picked up the win despite allowing the two runs that tied the game in the bottom of the ninth on an RBI double by Reymond Fuentes and a sacrifice fly by former Bee Chris Nelson for his fourth RBI of the game.
Luis Jimenez led Salt Lake with three hits and one RBI, while Shawn O'Malley added two hits and one RBI, as six different hitters each drove in one run.
The victory gave the Bees their first back to back wins since they won three straight June 12-14.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45