EL PASO — Grant Green delivered a pinch-hit RBI double in the top of the 10th inning to give the Salt Lake Bees a 6-5 win over the El Paso Chihuahuas on Saturday night.
After El Paso tied the game with two runs in the bottom of the ninth, pinch hitter Roberto Lopez led off the 10th with a walk.
Luis Martinez sacrificed Lopez to second. Green followed with a soft liner down the right field line that brought home Lopez with the eventual winning run.
Michael Kohn closed out the game with a scoreless bottom of the 10th to earn his fourth save.
Yoslan Herrera (2-4) picked up the win despite allowing the two runs that tied the game in the bottom of the ninth on an RBI double by Reymond Fuentes and a sacrifice fly by former Bee Chris Nelson for his fourth RBI of the game.
Luis Jimenez led Salt Lake with three hits and one RBI, while Shawn O'Malley added two hits and one RBI, as six different hitters each drove in one run.
The victory gave the Bees their first back to back wins since they won three straight June 12-14.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26