MENIFEE, Calif. — The grandmother of a 15-year-old girl who survived her family's massacre in Texas says the teen saved lives by warning police.
Joyce Stay of Menifee, California told the Riverside Press-Enterprise Thursday that Cassidy Stay is out of critical care.
Ronald Lee Haskell was arrested Wednesday in Houston for allegedly killing six members of his ex-wife's family, including four children. Cassidy was wounded but played dead, then warned police that Haskell planned to shoot other relatives.
Cassidy's parents and four siblings died. They originally were from Southern California.
Joyce Stay says the last she'd heard of Haskell, he was living in Southern California, wasn't eating and wouldn't get out of bed.
Stay says the next thing she heard was a phone call saying he'd wiped out most of her family.
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Train with plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- BYU-Idaho, Rexburg experience flooding after...
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard to...
- Survey: Public 'warm' to Jews, Catholics and...
- Dutch tell rebels: Train full of bodies must...
- To encourage saving, some states turn to prizes
- Obama will sign order barring gay,...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 42
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 23
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 20
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 17
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Liberals swoon for Elizabeth Warren,... 9