Five surprising things you didn't know about LASIK
4. It's not as expensive as you might think.
Surgeons strive for better than 20/20 vision for patients when performing the procedure and focus on creating a quality of vision free from glare and halos, no loss of contrast sensitivity and other important factors that go into correcting vision. In today's competitive world of LASIK surgery you can find a range of prices and procedures at hospitals, clinics, or venues that advertise themselves as spas in some cases. At the University of Utah's Moran Eye Center, LASIK patients have a track record of the best vision outcomes in the Intermountain West.
The procedure is usually not covered by insurance and payment plans are available by calling 801-587-1872 or 801-213-2425. The Moran Eye Center offers rates competitive in the marketplace.
LASIK received FDA approval in 1999 and continues to advance as a safe and successful method of vision correction.
5. It matters where you undergo the procedure.
Different facilities have different standards and training protocols in place for performing LASIK procedures.
At the University of Utah's Moran Eye Center, the refractive surgery program is known for its comprehensive and conservative approach to laser and non-laser vision correction. The center's refractive surgery program is committed to educating patients about the risks and benefits of vision correction surgery and helps determine what's best for patients.
Education programs and pressure-free patient consultations should be on the minds of consumers who are seeking out a physician for LASIK, says Moshirfar. Choosing the wrong physician could result in a surgery that doesn't deliver results, or worse, could cause harm to a patient.
"We are very lucky to have such a great ophthalmology system in Utah, not just at the Moran Eye Center, but across many facilities in the state," says Moshirfar.
"Physicians should always offer honest opinions and that includes letting patients know when LASIK is not the best option for them. At the Moran Eye Center, we treat patients like they're our own family members. We offer wonderful comprehensive care to every patient who walks through the door."
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 49
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 48
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 45
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 32
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24