John Raoux, Associated Press
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — SpaceX is expected to attempt a third launching of the Falcon 9 rocket and six Orbcomm satellites late Sunday afternoon, but weather is a concern.
Showers and thunderstorms are expected and Air Force meteorologists predict a 20 percent chance of adequate weather. The launch window has been widened from the normal hour to 5:30 p.m. to 8:08 p.m.
Weather forced Saturday's launch to be canceled and fluctuating rocket tank pressures stopped Friday's attempt.
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- New Russian military doctrine says NATO top...
- Officials suggest possibility of reforming...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Life support ends for dead Irishwoman, live...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 12
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Judge seems skeptical of challenge to... 4
- Bergdahl investigation report goes to... 4