Charlotte Hornets, Associated Press
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Charlotte Hornets have unveiled three new primary uniforms featuring white, purple and teal colors.
The uniforms bear a strong likeness in color scheme to the old Hornets regime but have been slightly updated.
The home white and away purple uniforms both read "Hornets" on the front, instead of "Charlotte" as in years past. The alternate teal uniform, which will be worn 16-20 times per season at both home and away games, has "Charlotte" on the front.
From 1988-2002, the team's primary uniforms all read "Charlotte."
Hornets senior vice president of marketing, entertainment and Interactive media Seth Bennett says, "In 1988, people needed to know who Charlotte was, but that's no longer the case."
The team did away with the popular teal pinstripes down the front of their home uniform.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 49
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45