Charlotte Hornets, Associated Press
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Charlotte Hornets have unveiled three new primary uniforms featuring white, purple and teal colors.
The uniforms bear a strong likeness in color scheme to the old Hornets regime but have been slightly updated.
The home white and away purple uniforms both read "Hornets" on the front, instead of "Charlotte" as in years past. The alternate teal uniform, which will be worn 16-20 times per season at both home and away games, has "Charlotte" on the front.
From 1988-2002, the team's primary uniforms all read "Charlotte."
Hornets senior vice president of marketing, entertainment and Interactive media Seth Bennett says, "In 1988, people needed to know who Charlotte was, but that's no longer the case."
The team did away with the popular teal pinstripes down the front of their home uniform.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45