Eranga Jayawardena, Associated Press
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
This week's collection includes The Netherlands' Robin van Persie heading a ball to score during the World Cup soccer match against Spain; detainees sleeping in a holding cell at a U.S. Customs and Border Protection processing facility in Brownsville, Texas; a Kashmiri bodybuilder displaying his muscles at a competition in Srinagar, India; and a surfer carrying his board along Cacimbinha beach near Natal, Brazil.
This gallery was produced by photo editor Jenny Kane in New York: http://twitter.com/jennykanephoto.
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there a...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- Theater shooter's parents plead for his life,...
- 'Is your job depressing?' Why it's a great...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8