Eranga Jayawardena, Associated Press
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
This week's collection includes The Netherlands' Robin van Persie heading a ball to score during the World Cup soccer match against Spain; detainees sleeping in a holding cell at a U.S. Customs and Border Protection processing facility in Brownsville, Texas; a Kashmiri bodybuilder displaying his muscles at a competition in Srinagar, India; and a surfer carrying his board along Cacimbinha beach near Natal, Brazil.
This gallery was produced by photo editor Jenny Kane in New York: http://twitter.com/jennykanephoto.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on courage...
- CVS tacks tobacco payment to prescription...
- Inspector: 'Serious lapse' at Secret Service
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 19
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 16
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8