Eranga Jayawardena, Associated Press
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
This week's collection includes The Netherlands' Robin van Persie heading a ball to score during the World Cup soccer match against Spain; detainees sleeping in a holding cell at a U.S. Customs and Border Protection processing facility in Brownsville, Texas; a Kashmiri bodybuilder displaying his muscles at a competition in Srinagar, India; and a surfer carrying his board along Cacimbinha beach near Natal, Brazil.
This gallery was produced by photo editor Jenny Kane in New York: http://twitter.com/jennykanephoto.
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Train with plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- BYU-Idaho, Rexburg experience flooding after...
- Dutch tell rebels: Train full of bodies must...
- Survey: Public 'warm' to Jews, Catholics and...
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard to...
- To encourage saving, some states turn to prizes
- Obama will sign order barring gay,...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 35
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 22
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 18
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 17
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Liberals swoon for Elizabeth Warren,... 9