Eranga Jayawardena, Associated Press
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
This week's collection includes The Netherlands' Robin van Persie heading a ball to score during the World Cup soccer match against Spain; detainees sleeping in a holding cell at a U.S. Customs and Border Protection processing facility in Brownsville, Texas; a Kashmiri bodybuilder displaying his muscles at a competition in Srinagar, India; and a surfer carrying his board along Cacimbinha beach near Natal, Brazil.
This gallery was produced by photo editor Jenny Kane in New York: http://twitter.com/jennykanephoto.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 42
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10