Universal Orlando Resort, Sheri Lowen, Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. — The new Harry Potter-themed area at Universal Orlando Resort is set to open early next month.
Universal officials announced Wednesday that the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios Park will open July 8. It will double the size of the Harry Potter landscape in the park and will be tied via the Hogwarts Express train to the original Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal's Island of Adventure.
The new area's centerpiece ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, will take visitors into Gringotts bank to help retrieve a magical object and re-create a scene from the popular book and movie series.
If fans want to see both parks, a two-park ticket is required. For adults, a two-park ticket for one day costs $136; for children, it's $130.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- List: 10 Super Bowl ads you'll be talking about
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Defending the Faith: Rethinking... 28
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 15
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- New book examines 4th Article of Faith... 10
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 6
- UTA, health officials offering free... 5