Universal Orlando Resort, Sheri Lowen, Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. — The new Harry Potter-themed area at Universal Orlando Resort is set to open early next month.
Universal officials announced Wednesday that the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios Park will open July 8. It will double the size of the Harry Potter landscape in the park and will be tied via the Hogwarts Express train to the original Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal's Island of Adventure.
The new area's centerpiece ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, will take visitors into Gringotts bank to help retrieve a magical object and re-create a scene from the popular book and movie series.
If fans want to see both parks, a two-park ticket is required. For adults, a two-park ticket for one day costs $136; for children, it's $130.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all learn...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 49
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 15
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 12
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Medicaid enrollees strain Oregon; state... 7