Universal Orlando Resort, Sheri Lowen, Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. — The new Harry Potter-themed area at Universal Orlando Resort is set to open early next month.
Universal officials announced Wednesday that the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios Park will open July 8. It will double the size of the Harry Potter landscape in the park and will be tied via the Hogwarts Express train to the original Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal's Island of Adventure.
The new area's centerpiece ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, will take visitors into Gringotts bank to help retrieve a magical object and re-create a scene from the popular book and movie series.
If fans want to see both parks, a two-park ticket is required. For adults, a two-park ticket for one day costs $136; for children, it's $130.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- Families make videos to reassure patients...
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in the...
- Bacteria found in this Amazonian tribe has...
- Maryland couple investigated again... 18
- BYU Cougarettes dance team wins... 9
- Former Ute Matt Asiata found success in... 8
- Is having children an irrational choice? 7
- The problems grandparents face when... 6
- Influx of Christian programming at... 6
- Families make videos to reassure... 5
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5