OKLAHOMA CITY — Salt Lake scored seven runs over the first two innings to cruise to an 8-5 win over Oklahoma City on Thursday night.
The Bees jumped in front when Shawn O'Malley and J.B. Shuck delivered back-to-back doubles. One out later, Efren Navarro drove home Shuck with a double to make it 2-0. Later in the first, Zach Borenstein and Tommy Field had consecutive RBI singles to make it 4-0. Salt Lake added three more runs in the second inning on a sacrifice fly by Shuck, and RBI singles by Navarro and Brennan Boesch. Navarro led the Bees with three hits and two runs batted in, while Shuck added one hit and two RBI.
Veteran Joel Pineiro (1-1), making his second start with the Bees, earned the win as he went five innings and allowed five runs, three earned, on 11 hits with seven strikeouts and no walks.
Dustin Richardson threw three scoreless innings and tied a franchise record by striking out five consecutive RedHawk batters. Yoslan Herrera worked a scoreless ninth to pick up his first save of the season, as the Bees earn a split of their four game series in Oklahoma City.
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 148
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16