Craig Ruttle, Associated Press
The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule. Here are the government's rankings of the 14 leading airlines and their on-time performance in April:
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 94.0 percent
2. Alaska Airlines, 90.3 percent
3. Virgin America, 86.5 percent
4. Delta Air Lines, 85.2 percent
5. AirTran Airways, 84.6 percent (asterisk)
6. US Airways, 83.3 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)
7. American Airlines, 82.3 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)
8. United Airlines, 81.8 percent
9. SkyWest, 80.9 percent
10. Frontier Airlines, 79.7 percent
11. JetBlue Airways, 77.4 percent
12. Envoy, 75.2 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk)
13. Southwest Airlines, 74.2 percent (asterisk)
14. ExpressJet, 74.2 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 79.6 percent
(asterisk) owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
(asterisk)(asterisk) owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk) formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
- Historic solar flight marks first...
- Judge set to decide on $15B Volkswagen...
- Former Oregon lumber town rides digital wave...
- US home prices rise at steady pace as sales...
- Stocks waver as investors monitor company...
- US stocks rise, helped by jump in Apple shares
- Fiat Chrysler raises outlook as Q2 profits...
- 4 ways to get the best wardrobe on a budget
- Provo, Orem residents take bus rapid... 7
- How to recognize the signs of a scam... 5
- Utah communities are working to stop... 5
- Jennifer Napier-Pearce named editor of... 5
- Judge sends Jeremy Johnson to prison... 4
- Deseret News, KSL want court records in... 3
- Historic solar flight marks first... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Tying the knot... 1