Craig Ruttle, Associated Press
The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule. Here are the government's rankings of the 14 leading airlines and their on-time performance in April:
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 94.0 percent
2. Alaska Airlines, 90.3 percent
3. Virgin America, 86.5 percent
4. Delta Air Lines, 85.2 percent
5. AirTran Airways, 84.6 percent (asterisk)
6. US Airways, 83.3 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)
7. American Airlines, 82.3 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)
8. United Airlines, 81.8 percent
9. SkyWest, 80.9 percent
10. Frontier Airlines, 79.7 percent
11. JetBlue Airways, 77.4 percent
12. Envoy, 75.2 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk)
13. Southwest Airlines, 74.2 percent (asterisk)
14. ExpressJet, 74.2 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 79.6 percent
(asterisk) owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
(asterisk)(asterisk) owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk) formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- US consumer prices fall in November
- Abu Dhabi's Etihad gets A380, complete with...
- How grandparents can save for their...
- Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- Poll: 81 percent back Putin even as ruble falls
- Technology helps visually impaired watch TV
- Groups launch lawsuit over Tesoro refinery plan
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- Biggest mailing day of the year means... 5
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in... 3