Craig Ruttle, Associated Press
The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule. Here are the government's rankings of the 14 leading airlines and their on-time performance in April:
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 94.0 percent
2. Alaska Airlines, 90.3 percent
3. Virgin America, 86.5 percent
4. Delta Air Lines, 85.2 percent
5. AirTran Airways, 84.6 percent (asterisk)
6. US Airways, 83.3 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)
7. American Airlines, 82.3 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)
8. United Airlines, 81.8 percent
9. SkyWest, 80.9 percent
10. Frontier Airlines, 79.7 percent
11. JetBlue Airways, 77.4 percent
12. Envoy, 75.2 percent (asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk)
13. Southwest Airlines, 74.2 percent (asterisk)
14. ExpressJet, 74.2 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 79.6 percent
(asterisk) owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
(asterisk)(asterisk) owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk) formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4