SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco police say a 6-foot tall dolphin statue outside an art store in the city's Fisherman Wharf area fell and killed a 2-year-old boy visiting from Utah.
The boy wrapped his arms and legs around the heavy statue outside Majestic Collection Art Gallery on Friday, bringing it down on him.
He was initially treated for a nose bleed, but later died at a hospital. The medical examiner has identified the boy as 2-year-old Kayson Shelton of Draper, Utah.
San Francisco police spokesman Gordon Shyy says the store was cited for having the statue outside. The art gallery was not allowed to place anything in front.
A call to the store on Monday was not immediately returned.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15