SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco police say a 6-foot tall dolphin statue outside an art store in the city's Fisherman Wharf area fell and killed a 2-year-old boy visiting from Utah.
The boy wrapped his arms and legs around the heavy statue outside Majestic Collection Art Gallery on Friday, bringing it down on him.
He was initially treated for a nose bleed, but later died at a hospital. The medical examiner has identified the boy as 2-year-old Kayson Shelton of Draper, Utah.
San Francisco police spokesman Gordon Shyy says the store was cited for having the statue outside. The art gallery was not allowed to place anything in front.
A call to the store on Monday was not immediately returned.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 23
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16