LOS ANGELES — Fifteen student filmmakers from around the world were honored with Academy Awards on Saturday night in a preview of the showbiz excitement that likely awaits them in the years ahead. Previous winners have gone on to receive 46 Oscar nominations and have won eight statuettes.
The 41st annual Student Academy Awards were presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, with gold, silver and bronze medals awarded in five categories. The ceremony at the Directors Guild Theater in Los Angeles included presenters Adrian Grenier, Nate Parker and Demian Bichir.
Tel Aviv University and the U.K.'s Northern Film School were first time winners this year, and Stanford University and New York University saw double wins.
The full list of honorees:
Gold Medal: "Person," Drew Brown, The Art Institute of Jacksonville, Florida.
Silver Medal: "Oscillate," Daniel Sierra, School of Visual Arts, New York.
Gold Medal: "Owned," Daniel Clark and Wesley Tippetts, Brigham Young University, Utah.
Silver Medal: "Higher Sky," Teng Cheng, University of Southern California.
Bronze Medal: "Yamashita," Hayley Foster, Loyola Marymount University, California.
Gold Medal: "The Apothecary," Helen Hood Scheer, Stanford University, California.
Silver Medal: "White Earth," J. Christian Jensen, Stanford University, California.
Bronze Medal: "One Child," Zijian Mu, New York University.
Gold Medal: "Above the Sea," Keola Racela, Columbia University, New York.
Silver Medal: "Door God," Yulin Liu, New York University.
Bronze Medal: "Interstate," Camille Stochitch, American Film Institute, California.
Gold Medal: "Nocebo," Lennart Ruff, University of Television and Film Munich, Germany.
Silver Medal: "Paris on the Water," Hadas Ayalon, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
Bronze Medal: "Border Patrol," Peter Baumann, The Northern Film School, United Kingdom.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8