LOS ANGELES — Fifteen student filmmakers from around the world were honored with Academy Awards on Saturday night in a preview of the showbiz excitement that likely awaits them in the years ahead. Previous winners have gone on to receive 46 Oscar nominations and have won eight statuettes.
The 41st annual Student Academy Awards were presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, with gold, silver and bronze medals awarded in five categories. The ceremony at the Directors Guild Theater in Los Angeles included presenters Adrian Grenier, Nate Parker and Demian Bichir.
Tel Aviv University and the U.K.'s Northern Film School were first time winners this year, and Stanford University and New York University saw double wins.
The full list of honorees:
Gold Medal: "Person," Drew Brown, The Art Institute of Jacksonville, Florida.
Silver Medal: "Oscillate," Daniel Sierra, School of Visual Arts, New York.
Gold Medal: "Owned," Daniel Clark and Wesley Tippetts, Brigham Young University, Utah.
Silver Medal: "Higher Sky," Teng Cheng, University of Southern California.
Bronze Medal: "Yamashita," Hayley Foster, Loyola Marymount University, California.
Gold Medal: "The Apothecary," Helen Hood Scheer, Stanford University, California.
Silver Medal: "White Earth," J. Christian Jensen, Stanford University, California.
Bronze Medal: "One Child," Zijian Mu, New York University.
Gold Medal: "Above the Sea," Keola Racela, Columbia University, New York.
Silver Medal: "Door God," Yulin Liu, New York University.
Bronze Medal: "Interstate," Camille Stochitch, American Film Institute, California.
Gold Medal: "Nocebo," Lennart Ruff, University of Television and Film Munich, Germany.
Silver Medal: "Paris on the Water," Hadas Ayalon, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
Bronze Medal: "Border Patrol," Peter Baumann, The Northern Film School, United Kingdom.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Zion National Park to hold public meetings on...
- National Guard trains in Denver to respond to...
- Utah defends busting theater for serving...
- Lawyers for victim in teacher sex case...
- Polynesians refused service at Utah bar...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- National conservative group backs... 15