The Seattle Times, Dean Rutz, Associated Press
SEATTLE — Seattle police say Seattle Pacific University staffers disarmed a lone gunman who entered a building, shot four people and started to reload. A hospital spokeswoman says one man has died and three other people are injured, one critically.
Police say the gunman is under arrest and the Otto Miller building where the Thursday afternoon shooting took place has been secured.
Harborview Medical Center spokeswoman Susan Gregg says a man in his 20s has died and a critically injured 20-year-old woman has been taken to surgery. Gregg says a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old man are in satisfactory condition.
Gregg says the hospital is not expecting any more injured people from the shooting.
About 4,270 students attend the private Christian university, located in a residential neighborhood about 10 minutes from downtown Seattle.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 46
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 29
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12