Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Albuquerque, N.M. — The Isotopes scored nine runs in the bottom of the fifth inning, on its way to beating the Salt Lake Bees 11-8 Monday night.
The Bees led 5-2 entering the frame when Albuquerque batted around to jump out to a 10-5 advantage. In total, 14 batters came to the plate for the Isotopes in the inning.
Clint Robinson knotted the game 5-5 on an RBI single before Griff Erickson hit a two-run single to plate the go-ahead runs.
Salt Lake outfielder Brennan Boesch knocked in a pair of runs on a single in the seventh and tripled in a run in the ninth, but it was the closest the Bees got, falling 11-8.
Boesch led the Bees batters with a 4-for-5 night at the plate, while driving in the three runs. Tommy Field and Luis Jimenez each collected three hits apiece on the night also for the Bees, which fell to 21-38 on the season.
Brooks Raley picked up the loss on the mound, allowing eight runs on 10 hits and three walks in 4 1/3 innings. Raley (0-3) struck out a pair of batters.
Despite allowing 14 hits and seven runs in six innings, Albuquerques Jeff Bennett picked up his second win of the year.
Salt Lake will remain in Albuquerque to close out the series Tuesday. The Bees will return home to face Sacramento on Thursday.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19