Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Albuquerque, N.M. — The Isotopes scored nine runs in the bottom of the fifth inning, on its way to beating the Salt Lake Bees 11-8 Monday night.
The Bees led 5-2 entering the frame when Albuquerque batted around to jump out to a 10-5 advantage. In total, 14 batters came to the plate for the Isotopes in the inning.
Clint Robinson knotted the game 5-5 on an RBI single before Griff Erickson hit a two-run single to plate the go-ahead runs.
Salt Lake outfielder Brennan Boesch knocked in a pair of runs on a single in the seventh and tripled in a run in the ninth, but it was the closest the Bees got, falling 11-8.
Boesch led the Bees batters with a 4-for-5 night at the plate, while driving in the three runs. Tommy Field and Luis Jimenez each collected three hits apiece on the night also for the Bees, which fell to 21-38 on the season.
Brooks Raley picked up the loss on the mound, allowing eight runs on 10 hits and three walks in 4 1/3 innings. Raley (0-3) struck out a pair of batters.
Despite allowing 14 hits and seven runs in six innings, Albuquerques Jeff Bennett picked up his second win of the year.
Salt Lake will remain in Albuquerque to close out the series Tuesday. The Bees will return home to face Sacramento on Thursday.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39