Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Albuquerque, N.M. — The Isotopes scored nine runs in the bottom of the fifth inning, on its way to beating the Salt Lake Bees 11-8 Monday night.
The Bees led 5-2 entering the frame when Albuquerque batted around to jump out to a 10-5 advantage. In total, 14 batters came to the plate for the Isotopes in the inning.
Clint Robinson knotted the game 5-5 on an RBI single before Griff Erickson hit a two-run single to plate the go-ahead runs.
Salt Lake outfielder Brennan Boesch knocked in a pair of runs on a single in the seventh and tripled in a run in the ninth, but it was the closest the Bees got, falling 11-8.
Boesch led the Bees batters with a 4-for-5 night at the plate, while driving in the three runs. Tommy Field and Luis Jimenez each collected three hits apiece on the night also for the Bees, which fell to 21-38 on the season.
Brooks Raley picked up the loss on the mound, allowing eight runs on 10 hits and three walks in 4 1/3 innings. Raley (0-3) struck out a pair of batters.
Despite allowing 14 hits and seven runs in six innings, Albuquerques Jeff Bennett picked up his second win of the year.
Salt Lake will remain in Albuquerque to close out the series Tuesday. The Bees will return home to face Sacramento on Thursday.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 63
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 23
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22