What are the 3 factors when it comes to fast and responsible weight loss?
When it comes to dropping pounds, it seems everyone and their dog has a suggestion or tip. Instead of buying into all the latest trends, listen to the real experts and stick to these three fundamentals for weight loss.
1. Caloric restriction
3. Meal planning
These three things will help you achieve your weight loss goals in the healthiest way possible. Doctors recommend reducing your daily caloric intake by 500-1,000 calories as a starting point.
In the end, weight loss is a simple balance of calories in versus calories out. Some people, however, have a more difficult time losing weight than others. For individuals struggling to lose weight through the recommended
mediums, Bariatric surgery is a way to force a lifestyle change and help them lose weight.
If you can lose weight without surgery that's always best, but some people need extra help to lose weight. The requirements that patients have to follow after surgery are the same as what people do on their own. The
difference is that the surgery will help you to feel full with smaller portions. It won't, however, correct problems such as the following:
Improper food choices
Consuming sugary drinks
Not eating enough fruits and vegetables
Not drinking enough water
All of these things are extremely important to achieve long lasting weight loss. If you want to lose weight, focus on a lifestyle change. Start by limiting your calories each day and becoming more active. Experts suggest 60 minutes of exercise every day. If you want to know what you're eating on a daily basis then keep a food diary.
For more information on achieving healthy weight loss visit healthcare.utah.edu.
Check out other Ask an Expert articles
- LDS Church announces publication of the...
- Heavy rains slam Davis County, cause...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- South Salt Lake ranks as most expensive city...
- Marine deserter from Utah accused of...
- Possible drone sighting has prison officials...
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah criticism...
- Artist Adam Bateman charts ancestry in 74-day...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any... 62
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 38
- LDS Church announces publication of the... 28
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah... 25
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike,... 22
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 18
- South Salt Lake ranks as most expensive... 15
- Expunging criminal records expected to... 13