Cliff Owen, Associated Press
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
This week's collection includes Pope Francis praying at the Western Wall; Pakistani boys swimming in a canal to keep cool during the country's heat wave; Air Force Academy graduates tossing their caps skyward as F-16 jets make a flyover; and NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson celebrating with a victory lap after winning the Coca-Cola 600.
This gallery contains photos published May 22-28, 2014.
Visit AP Images online: http://www.apimages.com. This gallery was produced by photo editor Jenny Kane in New York.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Scotland votes to remain part of United Kingdom
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- How much America wants to be taxed
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Chiefs' Reid dedicated to domestic abuse victims
- Fence-jumper made it through front door of...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6